Looking for Swedish jazz

Van Basten II

Saw an interesting review about this boxset in the french magazine Jazzman; Svensk jazzhistoria vol. 10, 1965-69. Anybody knows where the heck i could find this baby, and tell me how much it would set me back.

My swedish ain't too good, so if you know a seller that either speaks english or french, it would help me a bit.

The links given by Caprice records are leading me nowhere.

This link might help. It's a Swedish internet store.

Edit: I found a huge list of Svensk jazzhistoria volumes via the search feature.

There ain't any right now, but thanks for the link.

What do you mean, there aren't any?? I found these on the site by typing Svensk jazzhistoria in the search box and choosing "music - title" in the drop-down menu:

1 Various Artists - Svensk Jazzhistoria 1928-1969 2007-01-10 € 11.95

2 Various Artists - Svensk Jazzhistoria Vol 1 1998-06-03 € 16.14 Buy

3 Various Artists - SVENSK JAZZHISTORIA VOL 2 1997-04-21 € 16.14 Buy

4 Various Artists - SVENSK JAZZHISTORIA VOL 3 1996-05-22 € 16.14 Buy

5 Various Artists - Svensk Jazzhistoria Vol 4 1995-12-04 € 16.14 Buy

6 Various Artists - Svensk Jazzhistoria Vol 5 1992-12-14 € 16.14 Buy

7 Blandade Artister - Svensk Jazzhistoria Vol 6 1999-12-01 € 19.75 Buy

8 Various Artists - Svensk Jazzhistoria Vol 7 1952-55 2001-01-29 € 19.75 Buy

9 Blandade Artister - Svensk Jazzhistoria Vol 8 1956-1959 2002-04-11 € 19.75 Buy

10 Blandade Artister - Svensk Jazzhistoria Vol 9 2003-11-03 € 33.95 Buy

11 Various Artists - Svensk Jazzhistoria Vol. 10 2005-11-07 € 33.95 Buy

Aaaaargh, they don't seem to deliver in North America.

Tried to register and the only countries mentionned were european.

I just found this explanation under "Delivery" in the FAQ section:

How about delivery abroad?

CDON.COM is currently selling in 16 countries. Orders placed on CDON EU will only be distributed to addresses within the EU.

Didn't know about that, sorry.

On the other hand, there are zillions of North American internet stores and private sellers that don't ship outside North America, so I guess we're quits... ;)

Edited by J.A.W.

Yes, they seem to ship outside Europe (check under "Customer Service"). After all they are connected to the distributor of the Caprice label that produces these box sets. All volumes except Vol. 5 are listed on their site.

It might pay to shop around and check with other sellers, though. As their prices start at the equivalent of some 30 euros per CD set I wonder what other sellers would charge.

When I bought Vol. 7 and 8 some 9 months ago I paid 23 euros apiece from a German mailorder shop (but I don't know if this one ships outside the European Union - it's more or less a one-man operation).

At any rate, all of these CD sets are great stuff and should raise many an eyebrow even with those jazz buffs who think they "have everything". ;)

BTW, if you are into Swedish Jazz, also check out the reissue catalog of the DRAGON label!

Thanks guys, i'll be out to rob some gas station and in no time i'll be buying their stuff. ;)

This is where I got my copy about two months ago .. best price, and it arrived in 5 days!

I have the entire series from 1945 onwards ... great stuff. There have been several other boxed sets of Swedish Jazz which have been discused on this list, and these are well worth finding.

http://www.amazon.fr/Swedish-Jazz-History-...TF8&s=music