Which Jazz box set are you grooving to right now?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mostly a mix of Ellington's "The Duke" 40cd box set from History (the 1920's stuff is fantastic!), Denny Zeitlin Mosaic box (with Live at Trident thrwon in for good measure), Dylan's Mono recordings box set, and Davis's Cellar Door and On the Corner sessions. Yeah, I'm all over the shop, but having a good time!

788065230326.jpg

The complete Chuck WIllis 1951-1957 - Okeh & Atlantic (JSP)

Is the Freddie Jackson who ran Chuck's band the same as Fred Jackson, who later worked with Lloyd Price, John Patton & Baby Face Willette?

MG

http://en.wikipedia....n_(saxophonist) - This seems to indicate that he was.

Thank you, Paul.

MG

51p%2BL1hKZcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I got this because I had little Django and it was well priced. I'm not versed in Django discography. Turns out there are his earliest recordings plus a never released rare test acetate with three tracks. But what is a mistery to me is the mastering. I don't know if it has been properly mastered for this reissue or if it has been taken over from another release. the credits state the name of the engineer (Mathieu Bameulle) and the place but not the date. So that leads me to think it was not done purposely for this set. But La Source Mastering is, I think, a present day mastering studio.

788065230326.jpg

The complete Chuck WIllis 1951-1957 - Okeh & Atlantic (JSP)

Is the Freddie Jackson who ran Chuck's band the same as Fred Jackson, who later worked with Lloyd Price, John Patton & Baby Face Willette?

and who recorded Hootin and Tootin, which I have, I thought as I saw this. But then I thought: but is he? Is it the same man? And on reading the Wikipedia link I see he is.