Which Jazz box set are you grooving to right now?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Miles Davis - The Complete Lost Quintet (well no, you can't *buy* it, but it's floating like two sperm whales)

right now: the speed-fix of Vienna, October 31, 1969 - pretty darn good! and the audience booed and walked out to large parts, it seems ... how I wish I'd been around in those days!

Miles Davis - The Complete Lost Quintet (well no, you can't *buy* it, but it's floating like two sperm whales)

right now: the speed-fix of Vienna, October 31, 1969 - pretty darn good! and the audience booed and walked out to large parts, it seems ... how I wish I'd been around in those days!

HA! I love it when people walk out.

Mark Ducret cleared out a couple rows at the Jazz Gallery a couple years back

Frank Gratkowski blew out the row in from of me in the spring of 2001 with Michael Formanek and Gerry Hemingway at the old, old Roulette.

They missed the greatest drumming performance they NEVER saw.

Edited by Steve Reynolds

Ronnie Scott's, London, 1969-11-02

love that stuff!

love that stuff!

Salle Pleyel, Paris, 1969-11-03

This stuff is better than what Sony chose for the (great to have and very, very good) set.

love that stuff!

Salle Pleyel, Paris, 1969-11-03

This stuff is better than what Sony chose for the (great to have and very, very good) set.

The 'Duffy's Tavern' disk is my fave on the 'Tree' - although the fidelity is up there with the Bird Benedetti tapes !

Too bad that the video tapes for the Ronnie Scott gig were destroyed - apart from one short excerpt. Damn Beeb.

Edited by sidewinder