Which Jazz box set are you grooving to right now?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bill Evans Riverside - disc 7 (starting with the solo session)

disc 8 now - the three sessions with Israels/Motian ("Moon Beams" & "How My Heart Sings" are excellent - I like them as much as the LaFaro/Motian recordings!

Disc 9, the Hubbard/Hall/Heath/Philly Joe quintet - not sure I like this date one a lot, but then I only played it two or three times so far...

disc 8 now - the three sessions with Israels/Motian ("Moon Beams" & "How My Heart Sings" are excellent - I like them as much as the LaFaro/Motian recordings!

Disc 9, the Hubbard/Hall/Heath/Philly Joe quintet - not sure I like this date one a lot, but then I only played it two or three times so far...

Disc 10, just going into the Milestone solo session. The quintet with Zoot is much better, I think, than the one with Hubbard.

Disc 10, just going into the Milestone solo session. The quintet with Zoot is much better, I think, than the one with Hubbard.

Disc 11, second part of the solo material - some of it is terrific!

Looking forward to the trio sessions with Israel/Bunker - favourites!

Disc 11, second part of the solo material - some of it is terrific!

Looking forward to the trio sessions with Israel/Bunker - favourites!

playing those trio sessions now :tup

funny, just read it was Evans' birthday today... will continue with the Verve box later and plan to so all day tomorrow, too... about time I play all of this again! (In fact, some of the later discs on the Verve box I haven't even played before...)

The Complete Bill Evans on Verve - disc 1

disc 2 now, once again leaving out the McFarland - don't feel like more than a trio right now...

Go ahead, put me out of my misery. The McFarland session is one of the tops in terms of my favorite Evans session. ;)

Oh yes, I know... I left it out last time I made an attempt to dig into the Verve box and you (and also some others, I think) told me not to neglect it... anyway, I want to play the main beef and I'm in for some piano music, so it's the trios (plus solos / overdubs, will also play "Intermodulation"), but I'll leave the larger bands and the Zetterlund session for now.

At this moment I'm into "Trio '64" and like it a lot more than last time!