Which Jazz box set are you grooving to right now?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Late last night I got the urge to hear the "Lonely Fire/Guinnevere" session from the Complete Bitches Brew box set, since I haven't heard those tracks for quite a while. It'll be another five years before I make that mistake again. To fair, there is about six good minutes of music among the 42 minutes that were recorded.

Right now: The Complete Charlie Parker on Dial (Stash) Disc one. That's more like it.

Late last night I got the urge to hear the "Lonely Fire/Guinnevere" session from the Complete Bitches Brew box set, since I haven't heard those tracks for quite a while. It'll be another five years before I make that mistake again. To fair, there is about six good minutes of music among the 42 minutes that were recorded.

:g :g :g

Right now: The Complete Charlie Parker on Dial (Stash) Disc one. That's more like it.

Yes, I really prefer the Dial stuff to the Savoy recordings, I listened to the 4 discs of the Savoy's recently, including the alternate takes, and felt it was just screaming "THIS IS BEBOP" a little too much for my tastes, the Dials are a bit more groovy IMHO.