Joey D: Live the Authorized Bootleg: with special guest George Coleman

CJ Shearn

Incredible! is definately worth having for sure, Yesterdays especially. Legacy just makes me sad. Jimmy just is in ill health and it's painful at times to listen to. The intended spirit of the recording is there, but it reminds me a lot of the Lester Young recording just before he passed. This isn't a knock, Jimmy and Joey are giants. I want to remember Jimmy the way he was 99.99999999% of his life....devestating the B3 and destroying all comers.

Thanks - I have them anyway. I just thought it was strange on a JDF discography page that they didn't appear; concluding they were deleted. But of course, it's just another piece of evidence that they don't ave a decent system (either tech or knowledgeable people) which can tie all these different records up.

MG

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Can't say I've ever really been into jazz organ despite owning a few Jimmy Smith records, but after seeing Joey D here in Ft. Lauderdale a couple of weeks ago, I was really knocked out. So much so, I ordered via CD Now (Amazon) the ORGANIC VIBES (with Hutcherson) and AUTHORIZED BOOTLEG cds which just arrived yesterday. Really digging them both. JD is a great player who I hope will play a long time, my way of saying he's gotta drop some weight big time. Meantime, I plan to seriously revisit my Jimmy Smith sides.

Edited by MartyJazz