Mythic Sound recordings of Bud Powell

jmc

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed Mosaic a couple of years ago asking if they ever considered doing the Paudras' stuff in cd. According to MC, the Powell estate wanted too much money for the rights, thinking that there was a big market for these tapes. A lost chance for Mosaic that I've always regretted.

Matthew

Thanks for the answer, two weeks ago someone answered my reply. I will be do an exchange with that person.

Michael

I emailed Mosaic a couple of years ago asking if they ever considered doing the Paudras' stuff in cd. According to MC, the Powell estate wanted too much money for the rights, thinking that there was a big market for these tapes. A lost chance for Mosaic that I've always regretted.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know of the status or the availability of the recordings that Francis Paudras did of Bud Powell? I have been able to find three of them on compact disc and would really want to have a complete collection.

Man thanks

jmc

The problem has been solved thanks to all that answered.

jmc

• 3 months later...

Looking at covers, I am pretty sure I stumbled on some of them in my vinyl's shops wandering. Never bought one, I always assumed they were bad recorded collections of stuff available on other labels, some sort of italian bootlegs. And they were really cheap.

Next time I'll not miss the shot.

Set nr. 1 from the Mythic Sound box is currently being auctioned on eBay

Bud Powell Pure Genius

Now this would be a really great set to have! I think I have about 5 CDs of the Mythic Sound material, but would love to hear the whole set on vinyl. Too rich for my blood already (over $600 with some 10 hours to go)... but at least I copied the album cover jpegs for future reference. Thanks Brownie!

Cheers,

Shane

• 4 years later...

Just thought i'd revive this thread

Has anything of significance transpired over the past 5 years regarding the Mythic Sound (plus unreleased) material - was it ever released as a box set (CD or LP) rather than individual CD's or LP's

I presume the Paudras recordings are still with the Powell Estate

I wonder if anybody has sounded out the Estate recently.

Just thought i'd revive this thread

Has anything of significance transpired over the past 5 years regarding the Mythic Sound (plus unreleased) material - was it ever released as a box set (CD or LP) rather than individual CD's or LP's

I presume the Paudras recordings are still with the Powell Estate

To my knowledge, no.

• 8 years later...