How did you 'hear' about the Organissimo.org forums?

eeegor

AAJ is a total snoozefest. Not that I have anything against the place, it's just a boring BBS.

I am either boring, or have an ability to endure boredom which exceeds some other people's, because I think that AAJ is consistently interesting.

Come to think of it, both of the above possibilites may be true.

Yeah, nothing to denigrate your enjoyment of the spot--I think it's just managed to rub a few of us the wrong way (and that with reference to the board in my case, if not specific people). But it's Organissimo or either AAJ's generally unreceptive mindset or the gladiatorial massacre that is Jazzcorner, so I'm happy here...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Googled my way here and have been consistently amazed at the wealth of information. My music collection has probably doubled since I started spending time here. I'm not sure where I wold have learned about so much of this beautiful music if it were not for this place.

Thanks,

Bill

Guest the mommy

AAJ is a total snoozefest. Not that I have anything against the place, it's just a boring BBS.

are you just basing your opinion on the political with a smattering of "miscellaneous-non political" discussion or the music discussion?

are you just basing your opinion on the political with a smattering of "miscellaneous-non political" discussion or the music discussion?

The whole nine yards.

What, are you yet another one who has their panties in a bunch because I don't talk about music more?

How silly.

Oh, did you ever get into any contentious discussions with anyone there?

Not to my recollection. :blush:

Now THAT should qualify as the single most humorous post of 2007! Thanks, I enjoyed that.

Geez...............

Now are you pissed off at me too?

No, no. I just thought that your post was masterfully understated, truly humorous.

I Googled 'weizen beer' and wound up here.

Ah, my old friend, do you not remember the snapshot you took of me as we fled the burning environs of our former board together???

reichstag.gif

Those cursed Blue Note running dogs!!! But we have established the true workers' paradise here, have we not??? :D Still, I had to raise my flag over that ravaged wasteland one last time...

And now back to my late-late-early-mid-late afternoon vodka.

Edited by The Red Menace

people in the UK seem to prefer AAJ to organissimo....

It might be because AAJ is given some publicity in magazines such as 'Jazzwise'.

I much prefer the 'underground' feel of this place tho'. :)

It's like a Dutch Fontana to AAJ's CBS!

AAJ as CBS? AAJ is far too small and underfunded to be a CBS, as far as I can tell. Does Organissimo really seem so much more "bohemian" than AAJ? I don't see that difference myself. Now Jazz Corner, that place seems like a different world to me.

Edited by Hot Ptah

Organissimo has a very grassroots feel to me--one of the most thriving (and, if the threat of spamming is any indication, widely read) jazz BBSs online, springing up out of a pretty unlikely online outpost (which should not act as an opinion on the band--just that both Jazzcorner and AAJ are outgrowths of jazz information "hubs", whereas this space is a little out of the way). Maybe not bohemian, but definitely down home.

I think I first heard about Organissimo on the Blue Note Board. Is that possible? Was there some warning that it was closing down and people mentioned this forum?

BTW What's the name of your Toronto store?

It was all me, doesn't anyone remember??? :huh: Actually, I remember several of us mentioning daily about AAJ and Organissimo. Several of us would post links to the other sites, while the Bluenote forum was still up, but they soon cut out that function. For shits and or grins, I posted both links in my signature, and you could still click thru to AAJ and Organissimo. Man, seems like a lot longer than 4 years ago.....

I think I first heard about Organissimo on the Blue Note Board. Is that possible? Was there some warning that it was closing down and people mentioned this forum?

It was all me, doesn't anyone remember??? :huh: Actually, I remember several of us mentioning daily about AAJ and Organissimo. Several of us would post links to the other sites, while the Bluenote forum was still up, but they soon cut out that function. For shits and or grins, I posted both links in my signature, and you could still click thru to AAJ and Organissimo. Man, seems like a lot longer than 4 years ago.....

Hero of the People!

(Sorry)

MG

YEA, and after the false god BLUENOTE did cast us upon the waves of dispair did we wander for forty days and forty nights and the posters did wail and lament and there was much gnashing of teeth. But then in the north came a voice and the prophet Jim did send out a great summon unto the most and least of us all, and the flock was gathered once more...

That's about right.

They were shutting down the Blue Note board when somebody mentioned Organissimo, or gave a link or something, and lo and behold (he's got me doing it) 90% of the BN posters were to be found posting away here. Haven't looked back since.

Anybody else recall Greg Maltz standing Ahab-like on the deck of the S.S. BNBB as it began to sink beneath the waves? He was going to indoctrinate all the newcomers into the ways and wisdom of SACD etc. :crazy:

Oh yeah! ^_^ I was one of the bad boys helping bring down the already badly damaged board by bringing up really old threads, then deleting my new post.(Remember how an old thread rose to the top of the page even when you deleted your new post?) Well, he caught my handle before I could delete, and castigated me severely. Sigh....good times.

I remember Conrad raising hell just before the light was switched off at BNBB, making sure the participants switched to Organissimo :tup