Organissimo does Tel Aviv, Israel

The news is out! the Organissimo dudes were invited perform to the Tel-Aviv Jazz Festival! May it will be only the first among many international gigs! Organissimo will play in Feb. 22nd (also note below the shameless self promotion plug as well :) ):

The Tel-Aviv Jazz festival is celebrating 18 winters and this year as in every year, world known Jazz giants along with local musicians-vetrans and others who are making their first steps in the Jazz scene, will gather at the city that never stops.

This year the festival brings exciting encounters with international artists like Mr. Pharoah Sanders, a legendary saxophone player and John Coltrane’s successor; The pianist and composer Mr. Stefano Bollani, a mega-star and one of the most original and fascinating voices to come out of the boot country lately; The saxophone and clarinet player Matt Renzi along with his Trio, "Organissimo" the Soul-Jazz Organ Trio from Michigan, and one of the most prominent singers of the West Coast, Ms. Judy Wexler.

Along their side, Israeli Jazz musicians will perform with special performances for the festival- Slava Ganelin and Vladimir Volkov, Daniel Zamir and Omri Mor, Julia Feldman, Uri Bracha, Nadav Haber, Ilia Mor and many others.

The Tel-Aviv Jazz Festival, produced by The Tel-Aviv Department of Music, Visual and Performing Arts is a celebration of inspiration and virtuosity. Throughout the years the festival discovered and promoted many artists, initiated a variety of original productions and became a stimulator for productions in development and new ensembles.

The festival earned prestigious reputation as a center of attraction to Jazz foundations both in Israel and abroad, as well as a home for special projects, local and international. But above all, the festival is an exciting four days musical adventure to all Jazz fans.

To the best of our tradition, this year too, free admission events will be available to the public at the lobby of the Cinematheque and the Mann Auditorium ("Hekhal haTarbut") and for the first time the audience will be able to participate in special Master Classes with artists from abroad.

Discounts for Tel-Aviv Yaffo residents, Maximum Tel-Aviv cardholders, Cinematheque members, soldiers and Senior Citizens with proper identification on presale only.

Tickets to all festival shows (except for opening show) are available at the Cinematheque box office, 2 Shprintzak st. Tel-03-6060800 or www.cinema.co.il

Tickets for the opening show at the Mann Auditorium (Hekhal haTarbut), Castel-03-6045000 or www.tkts.co.il

Discounts are not overlapping.

The festival reserves the right to make changes.

Seats will be held until the beginning of the show.

Festival's Productions

Tel-Aviv-Yafo Municipality

Mr. Avigdor Levin, Director of Culture and Arts

Festival Manager:

Mr. Shaby Mizrachi, Deputy Director of Culture and Arts & Manager of Artistic Events Department

Producers: Ms. Revital Oz, Mr. Tal Schmidt

Artistic Management: Mr.Barak Weiss, Mr. Nitzan Kramer

Executive Producers: Ms. Gali Shapira, Mr. Eli Saban

Festival Crew: : Ms. Tali Gozalzani, Ms. Sagit Levi, Mr. Nir Haon, Mr. Uri Lazar, Ms. Ela Zaharano, Ms. Michal Meshorer, Ms Tehila Nachshon and Ms. Chen Vidra

Tel Aviv Cinematheque

Mr. Alon Garbuz, General Manager

Mr. Yigal Haim, Mr. Ami Winter, Mr. Pini Schatz and Mr. Noam Sulami

Spokesman Bureau

Mr. Hilel Partok, Municipality Spokesman

Loba Tiomkin, Moshit Lustig - Rivett

Public Relations:Arbel Communications

Graphic Design:Memi Dar Creative

Internet Site: Studio Anzelevich, Mr. Yair Papo

Special Thanks:

The staff of the Tel-Aviv Cinematheque

Special thanks to 88FM Radio Station – Mr. Yoav Ginai and Ms. Sarit Arison-Stmaler

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy is a young and energetic cat. We are going into the studio with Root Doctor in two weeks, then he is off to Israel, then he is back to put the finishing touches on the RD disc, then we have summer festivals for both bands as organissimo gears up for their next studio project (probably late fall), and the James Brothers might release something this year (don't ask), and I am making Jim co-produce my solo release. Yeah, 2007 is gonna be nutz, but fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Chris! I'm looking forward to seeing some things I never thought I'd see.

I'm also curious to see how our music will be received in another part of the world.

If it is sent up properly, as I am sure it is, people will come already knowing what you do!

It will be great!!

Have a safe trip.

g

p.s. Now a gig in a sports bar on the other hand...lol

Although we've been kind of continuing this conversation in the Amsterdam thread, I just wanted to publicly say that Barak and company know how to throw one helluva jazz festival. This is an experience that was above and beyond anything I could've imagined.

Barak took us to Jerusalem yesterday (or today depending on how you look at it) and Joe and I were operating on no sleep. For some reason, neither of us could sleep a wink the previous night. Barak is a fantastic tour guide, very passionate about his city, and very knowledgeable.

Old Jerusalem is like nothing I could've envisioned. Sure, you see pictures... but actually being there was incredible. I don't even know how to describe it. It will take several weeks to wrap my mind around it.

We head to the airport in about two hours. I am looking forward to coming home and yet wish I had more time in this fascinating country.

Thank you, Barak, for giving us this opportunity. I know I am forever grateful.

Wow! What an experience!! 12 concerts, 3 free lobby performances 2 master classes and 1 great Friday afternoon free happening at the piazza in front of cinemateque building where the concerts took place. Oh yeah - 1 Pharoah Sanders cancellation 6 days before the festival starts - leaving a huge gap to fill with practically no time to find a famous musician from abroad to come because of working visa issues. needless to say I arrived deflated to the festival.

Once the festival started - I was totally revived. The atmosphere was incredible with hundreds of people gathering each night to listen to great music, drink beer and simply hang around. Most of the concerts were very good and we got some great responses.

Organissimo played the 2nd night at 23:00 and most people loved them. They even got a standing ovation!

Anyways, here are some pics I tool during the soundcheck:

DSC_4829.JPG

DSC_4843.JPG

DSC_4940.JPG

DSC_4813.JPG

DSC_4790.JPG

And here we're all are drinking Sam Adams on the 3rd night:

DSC_5170.jpg

Edited by White Lightning