BOYCOTT CDSTREET / CDSTREET.COM

Jim Alfredson

If it doesn't work, Jim, forget the lawyers; we'll ship the whole political forum over to their offices...they won't last a week! ;)

:lol:

I remember on the old BNBB that Weizen once suggested--as a prize for some hypothetical contest--a tour of East Jerusalem with Greg Maltz & Chris A. in an old Volkswagen Beetle.

(No offense to Chris--could've just as well been Greg M. and me... or Greg M. and Barak... or, heck, Greg M. and anybody.)

They're lucky that's all I've said! Christ, they ripped us off for almost $400, which is a lot of money to us!! We sold 33 CDs in March (more than one a day), mainly from you folks here on the forum, and they gave us 10% of that. That's shitty.

I appreciate the concern, but the company obviously doesn't care about it's clients. I've never gotten an email response from a real person, whereas if you email CDBaby, you get a response directly from Derek Shivers, the owner.

I feel sorry for the people still selling their CDs through CDStreet. They are con artists.

I just noticed that anyone can add a "review" of the organissimo album to their site. Here's mine...

Great CD!!! - but seriously, please boycott cdstreet

by Rooster_Ties  Rating: 10

CDDtreet has taken Organissimo to the cleaners, to the tune of nearly $400 -- and they (CDStreet) refuses to respond to e-mails or voice-mails left by the band. Please buy the Organissimo CD from CDBaby.com. It's a REALLY fantastic album!!

I didn't give them my real e-mail address, but I figured I'd put in my actual organissimo userid as my name.

Let's all do the same, so we can back up Jim's claim (in the listing). Couldn't hurt, right??

And let's be civil about it -- and just restate the facts of the situation. No need for all of us to tell them to eat shit. In fact, the more of us that post "reviews" that politely back up Jim's claim, the better, right???

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Minor suggestion to people putting up a "review" to set the record straight...

1) Get it right the first time -- cuz there's no way to go back and edit it.

2) You can only review the album once (or so it seems). I haven't deleted my cookies yet, so perhaps that's the way they're limiting reviews to one per person. (Or perhaps it's one per IP address).

In any case, get it right the first time.

Also, please note that the subject line of your review needs to be no longer than this one...

"Great CD!!! - but seriously, please boycott cdstre"

Notice how the end ("cdstreet.com") got cut off. So it looks like the "subject line" limit is how many characters are in: "Great CD!!! - but seriously, please boycott cdstre". (I'm too lazy to count, but the limit is there, if you need to know.)

Get to it people!!!!

Link: Eat Shit, CDSTREET!

Jim,

It's probably none of my business, but I think the story you got up on the CDstreet site can use a little polishing.

The most important point here is that Organissimo will no longer provide CDs through CDstreet. That is what interests the buyers, your whole screaming manifest they can probably do without. I understand you want to yell a lot and loud at CDstreet, but I, like Hans, doubt it is the right thing to do on their site as it may lead to trouble you're not waiting for. Further, a more calm approach pointing it all out would be more effective I think.

Look at it this way, if you can calmly redirect sales from CDstreet to CDbaby without making too much noise, you get what you want and even more by using the CDstreet site as additional free advertising.

Just my worried 2cts, I would leave out most of the exclamation marks and start the text more factually. The whole story that follows is true and sad enough for sure, but if CDstreet was indeed going through a rough time, skidding bankrupcy and whatnot, it is perfectly understandable your mails were not answered for months on end (just trying to see the other side here). The formal lawyer speak reply you finally got sux big time too, but what's a company gonna do? The shouting isn't helping anyone really and the facts speak for themselves.

I've taken the liberty to propose an alternative toned-down text:

Please surf to www.cdbaby.com to buy our CD. Our CD is no longer available from CDstreet.

Please read on to find out why we no longer wish to deal with CDstreet.

We sold quite some disks through CDstreet last year (2003), but have seen hardly any of our money. To make a long story short, CDstreet still owes us almost $400. The only reply we received to monthlong queries was that as of December 2003, CDstreet is under new ownership, and will not disburse on sales prior to that.

Please go to http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3221 for more information.

Buy our CD from CDbaby.com

Thank you.

----Jim Alfredson

Go to our homepage for more information on our album, our upcoming new album, and more.

www.organissimo.org

Edited by couw

:lol:

...if they are paying attention, that is!

Joe hits it on the head. CD Street isn't like ebay, which needs to monitor what is posted for sale on an ongoing basis, but mostly relies on the mainstream press to call attention to questionable items.

Unless someone brings this to CD Street's attention, it will stay up for a long, long, long time, is my bet.

Couw, thanks for the re-write. I'm still thinking it over. I honestly want people to know what CDStreet did and not order any CDs from them, not just ours. I don't care that they are under new ownership. We signed a contract with them and they didn't hold up their end of the deal.

$400 is a lot of money to us. It cost us $6k to make that CD... that's $6k out of our own pocket. Just this summer we printed up another 1,000 copies which is another $2k. So you can see why $400 isn't something to scoff at.

The new reviews must've alerted their automatic emailer. Check out the email I just got from them:

Dear Jim Alfredson

Our records indicate that there are 0 remaining on hand for your product "Organissimo - Waiting For The Boogaloo Sisters (CD)",

organissim_1. 

Please ship 100 additional units to:

NOTE:  Please include a copy of this e-mail with your

shipment to help us expedite any pending backorders

as soon as we receive your inventory.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AUDIO CLIPS ON YOUR CDSTREET ARTIST

PAGE, PLEASE INCLUDE PROMO COPIES FOR US TO ENCODE

SAMPLES!  INCLUDE A LIST OF 3 KEY TRACKS TO ENCODE.

MARK PROMOS ATTN: PABLO @ CDSTREET

cdstreet.com

ATTN: INVENTORY DEPT.

6301 Riverside Drive

Irving, Texas 75039

USA

972-869-7766

We appreciate your prompt attention this email and

shipment of more inventory. If you are getting this

email and you have just sent some to cdstreet, please

disregard!

Keeping adequate merchandise is key to extraordinary

customer service!  Let's keep the buyers smiling!

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate

in replying to this email request.

Thanks and we hope you have a nice day,

email: inventory@cdstreet.com

Team cdstreet Inventory Dept.

ARTISTS: Manage Your Artist Page and Account

at:  http://cdstreet.com/artistservices/

EXPOSE YOURSELF @ CDSTREET

http://www.cdstreet.com/artistservices/promo_upgrades

:wacko: