Midwest Snow storm

the cold shut down my iPod

That's cold! I've only experienced it while snowboarding.

Third time for me in about a month. It appears though that snow/moisture doesn't hurt it, as it got covered with snow when I took it out of my pocket to see what happened. Works fine now.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/apps/p...NEWS01/70213025

shoveled 5 times today. wind blows it back everytime.

no prob. using being housebound as excuse to do a 6 hour stan getz marathon. stan's sounding better than ever! topped off with a nicole mitchell vocal cd i didnt know she made. nary a flute on the entire cd.

and tomorrow! 10 hours of lester young.

I've been trying to find an "opening" to make the trek to Chicago for some studio work. Just cancelled for the rest of the week based on predictions. It's a bitch getting around Lake Michigan this time of year. :(

My dad lives in St. Joseph, MI, and was supposed to meet me in Chicago this evening for an event at the CSO. The sheriff of the county where he lives sent out a warning to everyone to stay off of 90 because there had been dozens of accidents and conditions were hazardous.

Luckily, the majority of the snow is just south of Chicago. We've only gotten about 3 or 4 inches over the past few days. The cold and wind are nasty, though.

I've been trying to find an "opening" to make the trek to Chicago for some studio work. Just cancelled for the rest of the week based on predictions. It's a bitch getting around Lake Michigan this time of year. :(

My dad lives in St. Joseph, MI, and was supposed to meet me in Chicago this evening for an event at the CSO. The sheriff of the county where he lives sent out a warning to everyone to stay off of 90 because there had been dozens of accidents and conditions were hazardous.

Luckily, the majority of the snow is just south of Chicago. We've only gotten about 3 or 4 inches over the past few days. The cold and wind are nasty, though.

Why's you dad in touch with the sheriff? :lol:

It hit us in southern Ontario last night and this morning. The people close to the west end of Lake Ontario received 50 cm of snow. A little further north and east where I live, closer to 25 cm. The worst thing right now is is the wind which is whipping the snow into all kinds of weird and wonderful shapes. That also means that we might as well wait 'til it stops until we do the heavy shovelling.

It's a snow day here which means schools closed, and lots of people off work. My wife and daughter are both home. I am going to have a quiet afternoon in my office catching up on paper work (with jazz playing, of course). One needs a day like this sometimes.