XM, Sirius to merge

ghost of miles

Guest Bill Barton

XM and Sirius already started their process of laying off some people to merge some of the stations. I know a few in different genres including jazz that have just now got laid off. Sad for those who thought they were life-ers.

Indeed sad news... No such thing as a "life-er" in radio though, I hate to say.

I do agree about "life-er". 8 years is quite a long time in one organization. The music industry is a tough one.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There is also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

www.radioink.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shareholders' Group Sues Sirius XM

LOS ANGELES -- November 4, 2008: A group of shareholders calling itself "Save Sirius" has filed suit against Sirius XM Radio, accusing the satcasters' management of violating RICO and other laws and seeking to block the issuing of more shares or a reverse stock split.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Earlier this month, a deal between Internet radio providers and the record labels at long last provided some clarity around the long-term prospects for the medium. Big players like Pandora now pay a per-song fee or percent of revenue on each song streamed – whichever is higher – while smaller services need only pay a revenue share.

Link