Amsterdam?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're in Tel-Aviv now. Finally got some sleep. Met Barak and had some lunch and coffee together. Barak is as much of a gentleman as I thought he'd be. He's treating us like kings.

The B3 is awesome... the best one I've played at a festival so far. I can't wait for tonight. We'll tear it up and represent! :lol:

Randy is still sleeping. That bum.

Hey Ron, Philly is about as close to a European city there is in America, but it ain't no Amsterdam! :D That could be a good thing or a bad thing. But we love Philly.

Oh by the way, I forgot... In my absence, Chuck is in charge. Don't piss him off.

:blink:

:o

:)

Hey Ron, Philly is about as close to a European city there is in America, but it ain't no Amsterdam! :D

I know. Philly and Boston and a few other places in the US seem old and quaint and classic until you visit a European city or two--then you realize how new they actually are. :rolleyes:

Of course, you'll see really old when Barak takes you to Jerusalem tomorrow.

Kick some serious ass tonight! :tup

Peter, Amsterdam is truly an amazing city. Like I said in an earlier post, I want to come back with my family, preferrably when its spring or summer, and visit the museums (especially the Van Gogh). What tiny fraction we actually saw of the city was incredible.

Ron, the show went well. We got calls for an encore and a standing ovation. The audience was very receptive and seemed to dig what we were doing. The Hammond B3 that Barak and festival coordinator Gali worked very hard to get for me was the best B3 I've played on a festival to date. And its one of only three Hammond B3s in all of Israel!

This is a beautiful city and we hope to come back in the future.

Just how many "coffee shops" did you hit in Amsterdam, Jimmy Boy???

It's a pity people always mention coffeeshops (=drugs) in relation to Amsterdam. :angry:

The city really has so many other things to offer...

Somebody mentioned hookers too...

I grew up in Flint MI (the armpit of America). I am quite certain that Amsterdam is at least a million times nicer.

I was making fun of Jim more than anything else. He has no interest in such "coffee shops".

Most of the musicians I know are quite the opposite. Going for some ironic humor.

I am fairly certain that most readers know that Amsterdam is a multi-faceted location.

SO Jim how were the Hookers?? ;)

OK OK, I'll stop.

No offense intended Peter. I've also heard many wonderful things about your very progressive city.

Peter, Amsterdam is truly an amazing city. Like I said in an earlier post, I want to come back with my family, preferrably when its spring or summer, and visit the museums (especially the Van Gogh). What tiny fraction we actually saw of the city was incredible.

Ron, the show went well. We got calls for an encore and a standing ovation. The audience was very receptive and seemed to dig what we were doing. The Hammond B3 that Barak and festival coordinator Gali worked very hard to get for me was the best B3 I've played on a festival to date. And its one of only three Hammond B3s in all of Israel!

This is a beautiful city and we hope to come back in the future.

Glad to hear the show went so well! Barak and Gali should be further commended for providing a B-3 in such fine shape. Jim, you and the boys have worked hard to get to this point. Very well done!!

:tup

It's a pity people always mention coffeeshops (=drugs) in relation to Amsterdam. :angry:

Maybe we're reading different threads, as this one seems to focus much more on some of the other aspects of the city. I happen to love Amsterdam, and think it's one of the most beautiful cities of its size anywhere.

However, for most non-Dutch people, your coffee shops are an interesting/unusual concept, because legalized, retail marijuana tends not to exist elsewhere.

Edited by Aggie87

Somehow I had seemed to have missed this thread, but what a great gig and trip! Congrats ya'll! Not to be morbid, but one of the things I wanted to see while I was in Amsterdam was where Chet Baker fell to his death. I'm a huge Chet fan, and since the hotel where it happened was right across from the train station I basically stumbled upon it. Anyway, awesome gig you guys. That's great!

• 1 month later...

I'm going to be staying on the Singel Canal near the Raadhuisstraat and would like to see that enclosed inner courtyard known as Begijnhof dating back to medieval times with the Wooden House from the 15th century and so. They say that the entrance to it is located somewhere off the Singel but I haven't been able to pin it down. Can you tell me where that might be? There's also a church in that immediate vicinity that has quite a bit of 16th century stained glass that I'd like to see. Any others I should visit?

Also, there is supposed to be a certain 'brown' cafe that's been in continuous operation since the late 16th century, never once having closed it's doors. That true? Do you know where it is located?

Hey Weizy, have fun in Amsterdam! It's a cool city!

We Had time in Amsterdam last month to ride the train into the city. We walked through many blocks of interesting sights and had a nice lunch in a charming restaurant. It was a bit cool and rainy but we didn't care... Sure would love to go back there and play a gig or two.. Have a great time Weizy and a have a Heineken or a Grolsch for your old drummer buddy!

Edited by randissimo