Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ep1str0phy

"South African Jazz"

259 posts in this topic

Thanks Flurin! I think perhaps I did forget to mention it...but we’re all very proud of this one. This was one of those magic nights that you can have at Café Oto, and thank goodness we had the microphones up..!

My copy arrived today along with the new Threadgills. Looking forward to spinning all three 

1 hour ago, Clunky said:

My copy arrived today along with the new Threadgills. Looking forward to spinning all three 

Ha, same here! Three Threadgills actually as I was still missing out on "Old Locks" too.

Bheki Mseleku - Celebration
and
Moses Taiwa Molelekwa ‎– Genes and Spirits

have been recently repressed by Matsuli Music!

Moses Molelekwa is amazing!

like most of the Matsuli catalogue, these are also on spotify... the Molelekwa album is very much of it's time (late 90s) but definitely interesting... tragic life story...

Following up on some older posts regarding the electricjive site, can anyone comment on their experience with mediafire? My malwarebytes explodes when I have tried to follow the download links, though I have done so much more recently than the posts that cited electricjive.  Any comments or advice would be welcome.

On 2/10/2019 at 5:46 PM, erhodes said:

Following up on some older posts regarding the electricjive site, can anyone comment on their experience with mediafire? My malwarebytes explodes when I have tried to follow the download links, though I have done so much more recently than the posts that cited electricjive.  Any comments or advice would be welcome.

I assume you have the premium version of MalwareBytes that provides real-time monitoring. I don't have much experience with that version, but if you're going to be accessing blog links to any of the various cloud storage services like Mediafire, you should be running two browser add-ins: uBlock Origin and an industrial-strength pop-up blocker like Poper Blocker. That combination will kill almost all of the more egregious attempts to inject ads that border on malware, unwanted redirects, and pop-ups that ignore the built-in pop-up blocking function in most browsers. You can still allow "good" pop-ups on a case-by-case basis. 

20 hours ago, Dave Garrett said:

I assume you have the premium version of MalwareBytes that provides real-time monitoring. I don't have much experience with that version, but if you're going to be accessing blog links to any of the various cloud storage services like Mediafire, you should be running two browser add-ins: uBlock Origin and an industrial-strength pop-up blocker like Poper Blocker. That combination will kill almost all of the more egregious attempts to inject ads that border on malware, unwanted redirects, and pop-ups that ignore the built-in pop-up blocking function in most browsers. You can still allow "good" pop-ups on a case-by-case basis. 

Whew...

Many thanks for this info, Dave.  You are correct viz. MalwareBytes though I let my premium lapse.  That's what initially alerted me to the problem, though.

I'm going to follow your advice...and proceed with caution.  Looking forward to hearing some of the material at electricjive.