Let's Reopen Old Wounds!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DM is a "soulful black cat," indeed.

i got in a fight with a young woman...a short dumpy mama (not white) in the bad sense at a party last weekend when she asked me what i was drinking and i said "a 40" and she said "a 40 of what?" and i said "olde english" and she said "yeah, white people like to drink that" and i was like "no they don't" and she was like "yes they do" and i was like "well i disagree and i am not white, anyway" and she said "you're not? what are you?" and i said "jewish" and she said "then you're white" and then i said "i disagree with everything you are saying" and she said "i'm going to blog about this" and i was about to flip out but my friend who's birthday it was asked me to keep calm so i did, though i did seethe silently for the rest of the night. white people do not like 40s and the only reason i bought olde english was that it was the only brand of malt liquor the nearest bodega offered. but any party (mostly white, generally) i go to, a 40 will get stupid comments like "oh i haven't seen that since college" like it is crazy i would prefer the sweeter and MUCH more economical 40 or two of malt liquor to some sort of cheesy and bitter six pack of "lager" or "ale" when purchasing by booze of choice for the night.

Er - two questions.

What's a "40"?

What's "Olde English"? - not marmalade, I suspect. Nor the language pre-Shakespeare, I guess.

MG

i think beer is gross. also sort of dorky (ie sort of suburban guy in blue jeans). i daresay billy dee never saddled up to the bar and asked for a "heifenweizen" or a "stella artois" or a "nut brown oatmeal stout" or any of that guff. malt liquor is cheaper and tastes better. there are malt liquor experts throughout the country with a burning passion for that sweet and less carbonated than beer taste who ship each other their regional selections packed in dry ice. get in touch with these guys and a world of artful and clever labels, great names like "midnight dragon" and "night flight" and some mindblowing flavors like sour apple malt liquor and kiwi strawberry malt liquor, neither of which i deign to try ever again, awaits you, MG.

i think beer is gross. also sort of dorky (ie sort of suburban guy in blue jeans). i daresay billy dee never saddled up to the bar and asked for a "heifenweizen" or a "stella artois" or a "nut brown oatmeal stout" or any of that guff. malt liquor is cheaper andtastes better.

I'd say that's an opinion I don't share. I'd take a hefeweizen or an english ale any day of the week over a malt liquor. Much more art has gone into the creation of real beers than any mass produced malt liquor (or mass produced american "beer" too).

But then again, maybe I'm one of the dorks you're talking about. :w:crazy:

i think beer is gross. also sort of dorky (ie sort of suburban guy in blue jeans). i daresay billy dee never saddled up to the bar and asked for a "heifenweizen" or a "stella artois" or a "nut brown oatmeal stout" or any of that guff. malt liquor is cheaper andtastes better.

I'd say that's an opinion I don't share. I'd take a hefeweizen or an english ale any day of the week over a malt liquor. Much more art has gone into the creation of real beers than any mass produced malt liquor (or mass produced american "beer" too).

But then again, maybe I'm one of the dorks you're talking about. :w:crazy:

That's OK, Agg. I'm a double dork- I also was in my high school jazz band. Cheers! :party:

basspub2.jpg

FFA, you seem to take offense! i am a dork too. i am an ivy leaguer. i didn't go there on a football scholarship. no sir. i maxxxed this brain (and was a legacy). then again i have avoided wearing blue jeans since high school. blue jeans and beer are equally bad in my book. i deign to say billy dee never wore blue jeans.