The Baseball Thread 2007

Tim McG

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See where the Yankees named Carl Pavano as the opening day pitcher. This should be interesting, can you imagine what it would be like if he bombs out? I wonder who'll land on the DL first: JD Drew or Pavano?

My money is on Drew.

Pavano is pitching on 643 days rest. My money isn't on Drew.

Trust me Dan. Drew will break down first. Scott Boras,the prince of fucking darkness sold you're Bosox a bad bill of goods.

All I know is he looks healthy and excellent right now, and he's played 140+ games twice in the last three years, so I have to keep hope alive. And it wasn't Boras who sold us the bill of goods. Theo was a willing co-conspirator. Or should I say willing quaffer of the JD Drew is a star Kool-Aid.

Great day today, full slate of game on tv. First game I'm watching is the Yankee game, then on to the M's vs. A's, (holy cow, it's hailing in Stanwood right now), then a evening game. Life is good at times.

Indeed.

Opening Day should be a national holiday!

:g

PLAY BALL !!!!!!!

Big Papi just drove in the first run of the season with an opposite field double .He will be the MVP this

season.

Drew injured yet? ;)

No, but Schilling looks like crap and the rookie rips a single and is out by twenty feet trying to stretch it into a double. He's got no speed to speak of so what the hell is he thinking? I wish this were football so he could be forced to run stadium steps as punishment.

I don't like Dustin Pedroia , i don't know why Theo likes this kid other than price.

He hit's the ball hard and he has no speed.

.305 (or something like that) lifetime BA in the minors, a rather quick tour of the minors before showing that he could handle AAA, a high OBP and low strikeout rate. I think he's going to be fine, and I'm glad that he got a couple of hits today - he was starting to hit the last week of ST - so maybe he can settle in and just do what is expected of him - field, work the count, get on base.

BTW, the PECOTA projection system loves this guy and expects him to have something like 35 or 40 doubles this year. Maybe he thought that was supposed to be one of them. :crazy:

Mariners have the best record in baseball! Seriously, Hernandez was a complete monster today. He looks ready to have a major season. Very impressive. :tup

I think one of the writers on Foxsports.com has been talking about him as ready to break out and start winning Cy Youngs, or giving Santana strong competition. We'll see.