Woman tired of tailgaters

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my experience motorcyclists don't drive any faster than cars. Maybe southern FL is a special place.

Guy

I would dare say that here, at least 8 out of 10 drive a minimum of 85 MPH on the interstate. There are too many "racing" bikes to count.

In my experience motorcyclists don't drive any faster than cars. Maybe southern FL is a special place.

Guy

I would dare say that here, at least 8 out of 10 drive a minimum of 85 MPH on the interstate. There are too many "racing" bikes to count.

In Houston, plenty of cars drive 80-85 mph on the major freeways. I've observed far more cars and SUVs acting like assholes here than bikes. Not that there's not the occasional wannabe Ricky Racer who's just gotta demonstrate his two-wheeled prowess by pulling a wheelie at 90 mph.

BTW, I believe lanesplitting on a motorcycle is completely legal in Italy, where Porcy is posting from. In the US, the only state that allows it is California.

BTW, I believe lanesplitting on a motorcycle is completely legal in Italy, where Porcy is posting from. In the US, the only state that allows it is California.

Actually yes, you have only to signal it with your direction light flashes and be cautious.

Since I am a motorbiker and motorcycles are my religion, after I quitted catholic church, I friendly invite you to respect my religious believes and to avoid travelling in Europe, expecially in Rome. I am a good guy, but I don't know how my friends of the Holy Church of The Blessed Piston Rod could react at your observation. :g

Preach it, brother!

The only problem I have with bikes is that my excuse to 'save money on gas' is down the tubes when I purposely seek the longer road...

• 3 weeks later...

This is what I'm talking about when I say murder by car. How can anyone who claims to be a member of the human race hit someone and just leave?

Apr 2, 2007 2:37 pm US/Pacific

Honda Driver Sought In Deadly Bay Bridge Hit & Run

Raw Video: Toll Plaza Crash Scene

Raw Video: Suspect Car In Fatal Hit & Run

(CBS 5 / AP / BCN) OAKLAND The California Highway Patrol was looking for the driver of a car that collided with a Harley motorcycle just east of the Bay Bridge toll plaza early Monday morning, killing a 52-year-old motorcyclist.

Timothy Haagensen of Concord died at 5:20 a.m. after hitting the driver's side of a 1990 Honda Accord that a witness said swerved into his lane, according to the Alameda County coroner's office. The crash backed up traffic for several hours.

CHP Sgt. R. Ross said the car was found abandoned at the toll plaza parking lot and it appeared the suspect fled on foot. The CHP initially thought the car might have turned around at the toll plaza and gone back to the East Bay.

"Right now we don't have a suspect but we have good leads that we're working on and developing," he said.

Haagensen was riding his 2000 Harley Davidson motorcycle on westbound Interstate 80 just before the toll plaza when he lost control and was thrown from the bike about 100 yards east of the toll booths.

Ross said a witness told the CHP that a black, four-door Honda ahead of Haagensen made an unsafe lane change into Haagensen's lane, which caused the front end of Haagensen's motorcycle to strike the Honda's driver's side door and Haagensen to lose control of his bike.

It doesn't look like the driver stopped after hitting the bike, Ross said.

The CHP has matched a mirror, trim pieces and paint chips found near the crash site to the Honda and found items inside the car that investigators hope will lead them to the driver, Ross said.

The Honda, which is registered in California, has been impounded and investigators are in the process of contacting witnesses and establishing who owned the car, he said.

Immediately after the crash, there was no sign of the driver and investigators are looking into the possibility that he or she might have called someone on a cell phone to ask for a ride away from the scene, Ross said.

It would be hard to hide in near the toll plaza without being noticed, he said. There were no reports of pedestrians on the highway after the collision and nothing to indicate anyone had hiked away from the area, he said.

Investigators asked the public for leads in finding the driver of the Accord with license plate number 4STV911. Anyone with information about the incident was asked to contact the CHP at (800) TELL-CHP.

(© CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. The Associated Press and Bay City News contributed to this report.)

Edited by RainyDay

The car was probably stolen.

MG

It doesn't appear so.

http://www.kcbs.com/pages/332092.php?conte...ontentId=395146

Local News

Posted: Monday, 02 April 2007 5:41PM

CHP Names Two Persons of Interest in Deadly Hit-and-Run

SAN FRANCISCO (KCBS) -- OAKLAND, Calif. (KCBS) -The California Highway Patrol has named two people considered persons of interest in the deadly hit-and run crash near the Bay Bridge Monday morning.

Gregory Sranciskovich, 42, and Cynthia Ford, 49, are not being called suspects by the highway patrol, but they are being sought for information regarding the crash. Both Sranciskovich and Ford are believed to be Oakland residents, according to the CHP.

Motorcyclist Timothy Haagensen, 52, of Concord died at 5:20 a.m. after hitting the driver's side of a 1990 Honda Accord that a witness said swerved into his lane.

The car was abandoned at the toll plaza parking lot and the suspect fled on foot, according to the CHP.

Haagensen was riding his 2000 Harley Davidson motorcycle on westbound 80 just before the toll plaza when he collided with the car. He was thrown from the bike about 100 yards east of the tolls. He was wearing a helmet.

Edited by RainyDay

I can't imagine anyone doing that who wasn't in a stolen car - they'd be completely traceable through the license plate.

MG

Happens all the time. If the person is drunk, on drugs, driving on a suspended license, is on parole, is undocumented, they are likely to flee. Not to mention good old stupidity. You are right that it can be a stolen vehicle, and sometimes it is, but it is surprising the number of incidents like these that occur with cars that are not stolen. Ufortunately, this happens frequently around here. Six and a half million people are in the nine county Bay Area and a commensurate number of jackasses are part of the popluation.

I can't imagine anyone doing that who wasn't in a stolen car - they'd be completely traceable through the license plate.

MG

Happens all the time. If the person is drunk, on drugs, driving on a suspended license, is on parole, is undocumented, they are likely to flee. Not to mention good old stupidity. You are right that it can be a stolen vehicle, and sometimes it is, but it is surprising the number of incidents like these that occur with cars that are not stolen. Ufortunately, this happens frequently around here. Six and a half million people are in the nine county Bay Area and a commensurate number of jackasses are part of the popluation.

Ah yes! Turn themselves in when straight/sober. But get done for a much more serious crime. Jackasses indeed.

MG