Montreal Tapes question

B. Goren.

On Verve you can find also the gig with Rubacalba and Motian and my favourite of them all with the Liberation Music Orchestra that included in the lineup, Ernie Watts, Ray Anderson, Joe Lovano, Geri Allen and Tom Harrell among others.

Everything (six sessions) have been released by Verve, except of the 2 I asked about in my post.

Another MT thread:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...=montreal+tapes

I'm missing the Rubalcaba, Liberation Orchestra and Gismonti discs from the set, but they were the ones I was less interested in overall. The Joe Henderson and Don Cherry sets are faantastic imho. They are all good, but those two are my favorites. Joe Henderson is really on for that date.

Side note, I just purchased Nightfall, the duo album of Haden and John Taylor on NAIM. It's very good but I prefer Haden's other piano albums of late, i.e. Chris Anderson, Kenny Barron. A solid date and one that I will listen to frequently in the early hours of the day with my cup of joe, but ultimately not as satisfying as the other two. Maybe some repeated listening will change my mind.

Edited by six string

on August 5 1989 Charlie Haden played and recorded with Pat Metheny and Jack Dejohnette and on August 6 with Egberto Gismonti.

If my memory is right, Haden was featured artist during that excellent 1989 Montreal Festival over a whole variety of features. Didn't catch any of those performances unfortunately but did get to see a great gig by Marc Johnson's 'Bass Desires' group at that Fest.

Edited by sidewinder

If my memory is right, Haden was featured artist during that excellent 1989 Montreal Festival over a whole variety of features. Didn't catch any of those performances unfortunately but did get to see a great gig by Marc Johnson's 'Bass Desires' group at that Fest.

June 30, Joe Henderson & Al Foster

July 1, Gerri Allen & Paul Motian

July 2, Don Cherry & Ed Blackwell

July 3, Gonzalo Rubalcaba & Paul Motian

July 5, Pat Metheny & Jack Dejohnette

July 6, Egberto Gismonti

July 7, Paul Bley & Paul Motian

July 8, Liberation Music Orchestra (LMO: Tom Harrell, Stanton Davis, Ray Anderson, Sharon Freeman, Joe Daley, Ken McIntyre, Joe Lovano, Ernie Watts, Gerri Allen, Mick Goodrick, Paul Motian)

June 30, Joe Henderson & Al Foster

July 1, Gerri Allen & Paul Motian

July 2, Don Cherry & Ed Blackwell

July 3, Gonzalo Rubalcaba & Paul Motian

July 5, Pat Metheny & Jack Dejohnette

July 6, Egberto Gismonti

July 7, Paul Bley & Paul Motian

July 8, Liberation Music Orchestra (LMO: Tom Harrell, Stanton Davis, Ray Anderson, Sharon Freeman, Joe Daley, Ken McIntyre, Joe Lovano, Ernie Watts, Gerri Allen, Mick Goodrick, Paul Motian)

Do you smell a future a future boxset :w

• 10 years later...