Musicians - Post Your Music Here!

Jim Alfredson

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-10995-1211107057.jpg

greetings...new release out of los angeles from drummer simon star - Blue Lights to Saturn

produced and mixed entirely within Reason

clips at www.simonstar.com, clips & CD at www.cdbaby.com/simonstar

...sexy space house jazz electronica...for those for whom it is...feedback welcome...

cheers,

simon star

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My Webpage, MySpace, My Blog.

an old article about me from the Village Voice by Kyle Gann.

I uploaded some more music to MySpace today.

The MySpace page is there, but I now also have a page at http://netnewmusic.ning.com/profile/DavidBeardsley

The music there is old, but now I have more room for longer pieces.

Edited by 7/4

• 1 month later...

Hello! I'm a vibist, dulcimer player and composer. This is a link to my site - a lovely self-coded beastie that looks good in web browsers nobody really uses, like Opera or Firefox. It gets updated regularly.

You can also listen to all of my stuff at Last.fm. As most of the jazz stuff I do is live, you may not like the music on Last.fm... but that's the way it goes! :)

I'm hard at work on my third CD ( at this point , mostly trying to finish getting the production bread

together and I'm about 70% there - not an easy task in todays financial climate! ) I've got it pretty well finished writing wise and with any luck, hope to get it out late winter or spring.

Samples from my earlier two CDs can be heard on my own website:

www.philkellymusic.com

or on CD Baby or the Origin Records webpage.

Phil Kelly

www.philkellymusic.com

NW Prevailing Winds

SW Santa Ana Winds

Origin Records

I'm hard at work on my third CD ( at this point , mostly trying to finish getting the production bread

together and I'm about 70% there - not an easy task in todays financial climate! ) I've got it pretty well finished writing wise and with any luck, hope to get it out late winter or spring.

Samples from my earlier two CDs can be heard on my own website:

www.philkellymusic.com

or on CD Baby or the Origin Records webpage.

Phil Kelly

www.philkellymusic.com

NW Prevailing Winds

SW Santa Ana Winds

Origin Records

I was talking to John, Chad and Matt last week at the Origin Records Jazz Fest in Chicago and your name kept coming up as an example of some of the finest music to come off of that label.

I love your stuff man.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I didn't know where else to post this information, but, for those in the Bay Area, but I'm holding my thesis concert on Saturday, May 9, at 7:30pm in the Mills College Concert Hall (5000 MacArthur Blvd., Oakland, CA 94613). This project seems to have been consuming my time recently and, well, I figured I'd let people know about it:

1. Solo

2. Duet: Grex (me: guitar, vox; Rei Scampavia: p, fl, acc, vox) [potato dirges]

2. Trio: Me: guitar, Christopher M. Skebo: tpt, Luigi Marino: zarb

4. Quartet: Host Family (me: guitar, Andrew Conklin: guitar, Jason Hoopes: bass, Jordan Glenn: drums) [moon songs]

Fred Frith said that we sounded good in rehearsal, for whatever it's worth.

My myspace, for sound purposes: www.myspace.com/karladevangelista

-Regarding Host Family, for name recognition purposes--Glenn leads the trio Wiener Kids with Aram Shelton and Cory Wright, Conklin the band Quinn, and Hoopes is in the Atomic Bomb Audition (which also features, members of Fred Frith's Cosa Brava and Mute Socialite). It's a Mills thing.

I'm in the middle, also, of completing an epic 100+ page MFA thesis on the Blue Notes/Brotherhood of Breath, to be finished within the next hour. I'm pretty excited to share it here...

I didn't know where else to post this information, but, for those in the Bay Area, but I'm holding my thesis concert on Saturday, May 9, at 7:30pm in the Mills College Concert Hall (5000 MacArthur Blvd., Oakland, CA 94613). This project seems to have been consuming my time recently and, well, I figured I'd let people know about it:

1. Solo

2. Duet: Grex (me: guitar, vox; Rei Scampavia: p, fl, acc, vox) [potato dirges]

2. Trio: Me: guitar, Christopher M. Skebo: tpt, Luigi Marino: zarb

4. Quartet: Host Family (me: guitar, Andrew Conklin: guitar, Jason Hoopes: bass, Jordan Glenn: drums) [moon songs]

Fred Frith said that we sounded good in rehearsal, for whatever it's worth.

My myspace, for sound purposes: www.myspace.com/karladevangelista

-Regarding Host Family, for name recognition purposes--Glenn leads the trio Wiener Kids with Aram Shelton and Cory Wright, Conklin the band Quinn, and Hoopes is in the Atomic Bomb Audition (which also features, members of Fred Frith's Cosa Brava and Mute Socialite). It's a Mills thing.

I'm in the middle, also, of completing an epic 100+ page MFA thesis on the Blue Notes/Brotherhood of Breath, to be finished within the next hour. I'm pretty excited to share it here...

Congratulations on being done with everything soon! I'll be there and am sending an e-mail.

• 2 weeks later...