Happy Birthday Rooster Ties!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Free!!

I tried to post to this thread twice on Sunday, but my ISP kept dropping my connection all day. (And then Monday went wrong ten ways to China, which you know all about Paul - but all is well with all that now, whew!!) So, I'm just catching up with this thread now.

Thanks everybody!!

And for the record, I do own the Tolliver Select (always have!! - since the month it came out). It was the new Tolliver Big Band disc that I didn't have -- although I just got one late last week, so I've got that base covered now too!!! (Whew!!)

Had a pretty uneventful birthday, and my birthday dinner wasn't until tonight actually -- which my wife and I had with my buddy who had the stroke back in January (that I've mentioned in another thread). He's doing well enough that he is getting out some now :) (he's been home from the hospital for about two weeks). Couldn't think of a better thing to do for my birthday, than to spend time with a friend that we're all lucky is even still around on this earth. Kinda makes one appreciate what one has, and has helped me keep everything a bit more in perspective in recent months (or so I've discovered, visiting my friend a couple dozen times since the first onset of his situation).

Anyway, a pretty low-key but nice birthday this year.

Thanks for the thread, Free, and all the well wishes people. Much appreciated!! :)

• 11 months later...

Many thanks, guys.

The bird at the keyboard is quite cute, Chuck -- and Chris, the actual Roosterâ„¢ ties with my avatar was a nice touch!! ^_^

I'm mostly in a better place this year, than I was last -- so I'm looking forward to a pretty good rest of 2008.

Hard to believe I'm already 39 years old. :o