Jackie McLean album on EBay. YIKE$$$$

ajf67

This is McLean's first record. The company quickly went out of business and Jubilee wound up with the master and reissued it. It was later reissued many times on Roulette, Trip, Fresh Sounds, etc.

The original is very rare and the 2 copies I have seen were beat up. This item might go for a lot more than the current bid.

Does anyone know what the "book" is for this one in this condition? Is it supposed to go for more than a thousand bucks? Its interesting that its taken so many bids to get to this point, and its still below the reserve. I would think that if there's a similarity between book value and the reserve, someone would have bid it by now. Maybe Atomic Records wants too much for it?

I know I've seen the cd version of this on ebay not that long ago, both a fresh sounds and I think a japanese reissue. I think it went in the $30s or so, a lot cheaper obviously. But I either passed on it or forgot to bid on it. I didn't see it currently listed on the www.freshsoundrecords.com site.

Rooster, thanks for fixing the link. I'm at work, and came back to fix it then we lost our internet connection for a while and I'm just getting back now. Glad to hear this is availale on Cd, because $1K plus is just a wee bit out of my price range! Jeez!

I have this on a Fresh Sound CD. It's been awhile since I listened to it but I remember it as a great session. I'll have to pull it out and give it a listen. I'm not sure it's worth THAT much though!!!!!!!! I think it may have been Jackie McLean's first session as a leader but I'm not sure.

That's what you call greed. Glad it didn't sell. There are better ways to spend, both on yourself and for society, almost $2000 stinking bucks.

I don't know, $2000 isn't much to spend on a painting, so why shouldn't someone spend that much on a record if they want? Personally, even if I was rich I'd just buy the damn cd, but I'm not judgemental about it.