Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)

I was talking with a friend last night about the good old NES. I remember bugging the hell out of my parents to buy me one in '88 or '89. I spent so many hours playing it. Favorite games: Super Mario Bros 2 & 3, StarTropics (underrated), MegaMan, Metroid, Zelda 2.

Any recommendations for emulators?

Guy

Edited by Guy

I would have to say my favorite game on the NES was the original Legend of Zelda. There was never anything like that before, and it was really incredible how a game could have such a huge scope, take so long to get through, and at the same time so challenging and fun. It was really an amazing feat.

Other favorites of mine have to be Metroid, Metal Gear, Ninja Gaiden and Bases Loaded. The NES was really a great system.

I would have to say my favorite game on the NES was the original Legend of Zelda. There was never anything like that before, and it was really incredible how a game could have such a huge scope, take so long to get through, and at the same time so challenging and fun. It was really an amazing feat.

You know, I've never played the original Zelda. I guess I now have the chance... As soon as I beat Star Tropics.

Guy

Mario 3 and Mega Man 3 were awesome. My friend had both, and we played them to no end.

Loved the hack in Mega Man 3 -- if you pressed right plus A on the other controller, you could jump twice as high and jump out of things that would kill you.

Love those 2D scrolling games.

Love those 2D scrolling games.

I remember that alot of people complained about Zelda 2 because it incorporated the 2D element into it. I didn't mind at all....the game was excellent. But I think the unpopularity of the 2D element in the Zelda series is why they returned to the familiar overheard style based on the first Zelda for the excellent Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past on the Super Nintendo.

But I love those 2D scrolling games as well. The Castlevania series, particularly the second one, were among the best. Contra was awesome too! Who remembers up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start ??? :rsmile:

Guest donald petersen

i play the orginal version of contra on my arcade emulator (macMAME). i also play a lot of ladybug.

i play a lot of nhl '96 on my genesis plus emulator and used to play a lot of phantasy star 3.

the nintendo code doesn't work on the arcade version of contra, unfortunately. so i don't last too long.

• 1 year later...

I just "discovered" emulation and downloaded FCE Ultra's updated version, FCEeux and 1000games Holy S$&^!!!!

I had no idea I could run these emulator thingies from my portable 250 gB Toshiba. :ph34r:

I should be looking for a job. :rolleyes:

Blaster Master, Ultima and Castlevania are calling though!!!!

Edited by Templejazz