16 inch Transcription Disc Player

Dig'Em

I've got precisely one 16 inch transcription disc. It's (apparently) material that never came out in any other form. I'd like to hear it. But I don't have a player.

Might I find one in a library somewhere? Break into a military facility with this beast under my arm? Any other thoughts?

The ability to record from the disc would be SUPER BONUS.

AFAIK the only commercial TT that can track your record is Simon Yorke Design, (you are talking about vinyl, aren't you?). It's the TT they have at the Library of Congress and in other major public library.

You may contact Mr Yorke through his website and ask him where you can find the nearest transcriptor for you.

http://www.recordplayer.com/

Dig 'em i thought u were cooler than that man-- ill let u off w/ just a warning: but aren't u even gonna tell us waht u found? if chewy found a good transcrpition disc i would be all: HEY U GUYS, I FOUND A REALLY COOL TRANSCRIPTION DISC!

so what is it already?

ill even go first: last week i found some really neet V-discs that all had the "v-disc" logo part of the labels completley scratched out/through with a knife.

ill even go again: i got this really really really really really really really really sketchy ass Fletcher Henderson master tape: its definetly not an original of course but its like has this note from the desk of columbia records and its all this sucks cause theirs tammy winette on the other side or someghing like that-- its really really really really weird

so wgats yours now?

Dig 'em i thought u were cooler than that man-- ill let u off w/ just a warning: but aren't u even gonna tell us waht u found? if chewy found a good transcrpition disc i would be all: HEY U GUYS, I FOUND A REALLY COOL TRANSCRIPTION DISC!

so what is it already?

ill even go first: last week i found some really neet V-discs that all had the "v-disc" logo part of the labels completley scratched out/through with a knife.

ill even go again: i got this really really really really really really really really sketchy ass Fletcher Henderson master tape: its definetly not an original of course but its like has this note from the desk of columbia records and its all this sucks cause theirs tammy winette on the other side or someghing like that-- its really really really really weird

so wgats yours now?

Chewy,

This is a MILITARY recording. Top secret. You want me putting out GOVERNMENT secrets?

Actually, half the problem is that I don't know what all is on the disc. It's some damn West Coast bebop thing. Vernon Alley's the leader, and I suspect it's Jerome Richardson or Wardell Gray in the front line. But who knows?

whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

its WEST COAST JAZZ??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude ***TRUST**** chewy on this one: those WWII warning labels on gov't issued discs, even george bush isn't gonna come down on you for that man. trust me on this. i have all these propaganda lps of German classical music made to use aginst the krauts and they are completely sketchy and have warnings on them (OH BY THE WAY THEY ARE DARK MAROON VINYL) and i played it and i didnt get in trouble

BTW Presumibly your record doesn't fullfill the conventional RIAA equalization, that it dated later, so if you want to hear in a proper way you should also get some sort of equalizator (or record it on a cd and work on it). Surely Chuck knows it better then me.

Edited by porcy62