The "Dare" Thread

I was looking through a CD catalog yesterday and saw Slim Gaillard's four-CD set on Proper ("Laughing in Rhythm") and thought "I dare you to listen to that whole set, start to finish". This was something of universal dare in my mind - directed at myself or anyone.

I've actually nothing particular against Slim (and Slam!), but I couldn't imagine four hours (or whatever) of "Cement Mixer, Putti-Putti", "Tutti Frutti" and "Flat Foot Floogie". McVouty oreenie. I'd have been ready for the psych ward by the time the last potato got peeled by a bulldozer, despite the great instrumental support on much of his work. Oroonie.

The Spike Jones set looked (to me) less 'daring'.

Anyway, it got me thinking (never a good sign), how about a 'dare' thread? Post a dare. See if anyone will take you up on it and post the results (Hello, Psych Ward). I suppose the Gaillard thing is relatively tame, but my hat's off to anyone who can handle the 240th minute of Sukiyaki Cha Cha.

Love ya, Slim!

Edited by Dig'Em