Sopranos

sal

I agree with Sal.

Does Tony repaying all of Hesch's money portend something "bad"?

Nah, I think it was more of a sign that Tony is trying to get it together and the gambling problem is history.

I would agree this season is much more interesting than the last couple. I could have done without the kid taking a shit in the shower, but I'm enjoying the story line between Phil and Tony.

If Tony's gambling problem is now history, then to hell with them for introducing it.

The show has a history of stories that just drop and I think this is one of them.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yeah. The individual episodes have been quite strong, but I'm asking myself how (or even if) it's all going to end. Only what, 5 more episodes?

Maybe it's not all going to end. Maybe nothing gets resolved or comes to a head. That would be very "life-like", but it sure would make for disappointing television.

My predictions before the searies ends:

Christopher gets wacked by Phil.

Tony is either wacked ~or~ figures out a way to fake his own death and escapes the wiseguy life.

Bobby become head of the family.

I guess that Christopher, Phil, Bobby and Paulie all get whacked before the end of the season.

So with the events of last night, how does the entire show wrap up so quickly, with just a few episodes to go? I can see that with what happened last night and in the last few weeks, that Paulie, Christopher, Bobby and Phil may get whacked, A.J. may become emeshed in the mob through his new friends, perhaps for a time without Tony knowing about it, and something more may come of Tony's turning in the suspected terrorists. But how else does it end in a satisfactory way, so that a viewer says, "Tony has been destroyed--the show is over, and it really worked as a story."

If Tony is merely arrested on a RICO charge, that is not a satisfactory ending, as such a case would go on for years and as Uncle Junior's case showed, anything can happen.

It would almost take Carmella and Meadow being killed by either the suspected terrorists or the New York family now headed by Phil, combined with A.J. secretly joining the mob, for Tony to remain alive and for all of us to feel that he had been crushed.

Question--The mobster who wears glasses, who is so proud of his collegiate son for running a gambling ring at college--I can't remember his character's name--haven't we been allowed to know in past shows that he is cooperating with the FBI and that this is not known by Tony?

Question--The mobster who wears glasses, who is so proud of his collegiate son for running a gambling ring at college--I can't remember his character's name--haven't we been allowed to know in past shows that he is cooperating with the FBI and that this is not known by Tony?

You're getting characters confused. The guy that was cooperating was Ray Curto, he died last season of a heart attack or stroke while speaking to an agent.

Patsy Parisi also wears glasses but was never exposed or portrayed as a rat.

Notice how the gambling story line was just dropped?

I don't see that many people getting killed in the final four episodes. Christopher maybe (driving drunk), but not the rest of them. I could be wrong but it would just go to prove my point of the often inconsistent and overall sloppiness with some of the writing.

What may come of that terrorist thing is Tony himself being suspected of flipping since they created a file for that information he gave. That rumor I could see Phil taking hold of.

You're getting characters confused. The guy that was cooperating was Ray Curto, he died last season of a heart attack or stroke while speaking to an agent.

Patsy Parisi also wears glasses but was never exposed or portrayed as a rat.

Thanks, I was wondering about it.

Notice how the gambling story line was just dropped? I don't see that many people getting killed in the final four episodes. Christopher maybe (driving drunk), but not the rest of them. I could be wrong but it would just go to prove my point of the often inconsistent and overall sloppiness with some of the writing.

What may come of that terrorist thing is Tony himself being suspected of flipping since they created a file for that information he gave. That rumor I could see Phil taking hold of.

Yeah, what's up with that....last week was all about the gambling and this week...nothing! Lot of boobies is this weeks episode as well...not that I mind :)

m

Aside from the most obvious characters who may meet their doom (Christopher, Paulie, Phil), I'm getting the feeling that someone from the Soprano household will get it as well.

I'm already on record, sick f--- that I am, in calling for Meadow's death. With that thought in mind, after Sunday's episode I had a vision of a potentially satisfying coda. There's a bloodbath of considerable scope in which folks such as Meadow and Carmella are among the targeted or incidental victims, but Tony survives. So there he stands or sits, literally or figuratively covered in the blood of everyone he cares about (I would say that he cares more for Meadow than he does for Carmella or A.J. or anyone else), and then and only then does he really see the nature of the bill that has justly come due to him for living the life he has lived. Perhaps because, despite many missteps there, I think that the Tony seeing a shrink strain is pretty crucial, the last step (or a step just before the last one, if Tony too gets whacked) demands that he fully realize that there is no piece of his life that is not corrupt -- and/or corrupted and potentially destroyed by his being in contact with it.

Aside from the most obvious characters who may meet their doom (Christopher, Paulie, Phil), I'm getting the feeling that someone from the Soprano household will get it as well.

I hope it's the whiney Carmella or the punk A.J.! :)

Could they use bad acting as a reason to clip A.J.? :cool:

I hope it's the whiney Carmella or the punk A.J.! :)

Could they use bad acting as a reason to clip A.J.? :cool:

:party:

Unless the plot reveals something to the opposite, my assumption is that the gambling problem would continue.

That was my take as well, but I think the gambling storyline came out of leftfield because since the first season Tony has mocked gamblers as "degenerates." Maybe it is being used to show how much the shooting has changed him.

Does anyone get the impression that he was able to pay off Hesch because Carmella loaned him the money?

Does anyone get the impression that he was able to pay off Hesch because Carmella loaned him the money?

Could be, but I was thinking more along the lines that he took the money from an overseas account. He made a comment in that episode about having to go see the Russian guy to transfer some cash. I assumed he took enough to cover his debt.

Could be, but I was thinking more along the lines that he took the money from an overseas account. He made a comment in that episode about having to go see the Russian guy to transfer some cash. I assumed he took enough to cover his debt.

I had the impression that was the he was going to give the overseas money to Vito's family, but lost it on a game, therefore suggesting the camp.

how else does it end in a satisfactory way, so that a viewer says, "Tony has been destroyed--the show is over, and it really worked as a story."

The death of AJ would wrap up the series in a very dramatic way. It was foreshadowed in this last episode with AJ's suicidal depression and again when Tony reached for his gun as AJ was pulling up the driveway. The death of the son brings an end to the Sopranos. That's my hunch.

how else does it end in a satisfactory way, so that a viewer says, "Tony has been destroyed--the show is over, and it really worked as a story."

The death of AJ would wrap up the series in a very dramatic way. It was foreshadowed in this last episode with AJ's suicidal depression and again when Tony reached for his gun as AJ was pulling up the driveway. The death of the son brings an end to the Sopranos. That's my hunch.

Too bad they didn't do this 5 seasons ago.

Guy

I think the show will focus increasingly on Tony's need of money and his internal and family (immediate family and "extended" family) conflicts.

I think there is a good chance that Chris "flips" and there are incictments.

I think that the conflict betweend Tony and Phil increases.

Chase has been playing it increasingly for laughs - there is also the possiblity that that aspect increases. The show is half a comedy now.