The Al Haig Story ....

This should make fascinating reading ...

- Cadence Music Sales FOR WEEK of APRIL 18 - APRIL 27, 2007

New BOOK NOW AVAILABLE:

Death of a Bebop Wife

(The Al Haig Story)

by Grange Haig Rutan

This is the compelling life story of pianist Al Haig, one of the Jazz greats in the vanguard of the Bebop revolution.

Over 15 years in the making, this is the uncomfortable and often horrifying story of a Jazz life as researched and told by a wife who survived an experience that left many devastated, and, in one case, dead. In a narrative as unique as the subject itself, Grange (Haig) Rutan of Montclair, NJ, boldly tells all in a cathartic account of Al Haig's life that is as unflinching as it is objective, leaving the reader able to experience from an omnipresent vantage point the humor, triumphs, tragedies, and the many sides and contradictions of Al Haig.

Direct link to search/order system

http://tinyurl.com/2v2r86

"The Lady knows!"

Dan Morgenstern - Institute of Jazz Studies at Rutgers

"I thought I knew all about Al Haig, and this page-turner tells it all. To me, Al Haig was one of the best on jazz piano, and if Diz and Bird say so, who am I to disagree?"

Phil Urso - veteran jazz artist

544 pages including photos, full discography, and an index

List Price = $35.00

Your price = $28 + shipping (item = 28 ounces)

• 4 weeks later...

This should make fascinating reading ...

- Cadence Music Sales FOR WEEK of APRIL 18 - APRIL 27, 2007

New BOOK NOW AVAILABLE:

Death of a Bebop Wife

(The Al Haig Story)

by Grange Haig Rutan

This is the compelling life story of pianist Al Haig, one of the Jazz greats in the vanguard of the Bebop revolution.

Over 15 years in the making, this is the uncomfortable and often horrifying story of a Jazz life as researched and told by a wife who survived an experience that left many devastated, and, in one case, dead. In a narrative as unique as the subject itself, Grange (Haig) Rutan of Montclair, NJ, boldly tells all in a cathartic account of Al Haig's life that is as unflinching as it is objective, leaving the reader able to experience from an omnipresent vantage point the humor, triumphs, tragedies, and the many sides and contradictions of Al Haig.

Direct link to search/order system

http://tinyurl.com/2v2r86

"The Lady knows!"

Dan Morgenstern - Institute of Jazz Studies at Rutgers

"I thought I knew all about Al Haig, and this page-turner tells it all. To me, Al Haig was one of the best on jazz piano, and if Diz and Bird say so, who am I to disagree?"

Phil Urso - veteran jazz artist

544 pages including photos, full discography, and an index

List Price = $35.00

Your price = $28 + shipping (item = 28 ounces)