Delmark

montg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie 'Cleanhead' Vinson - Kidney Stew Is fine

w/ Hal Singer on Tenor, Jay McShann on Piano and T-Bone Walker on Guitar, You Know!

61XR9C3jOsL._AA240_.jpg

On deck next!

I've got that on Delmark vinyl (it was originally on the French Black & Blue Label). The CD cover is a lot nicer than the LP.

Highly recommended!

• 4 weeks later...

Eddie 'Cleanhead' Vinson - Kidney Stew Is fine

w/ Hal Singer on Tenor, Jay McShann on Piano and T-Bone Walker on Guitar, You Know!

61XR9C3jOsL._AA240_.jpg

On deck next!

I've got that on Delmark vinyl (it was originally on the French Black & Blue Label). The CD cover is a lot nicer than the LP.

Highly recommended!

There was a T-Bone on (German) Polydor from about the same time, that I think Delmark issued in the US. Is that right, anyone know?

MG

There was a T-Bone on (German) Polydor from about the same time, that I think Delmark issued in the US. Is that right, anyone know?

MG

T-Bone Walker I Want A Little Girl, Delmark 633, was originally a Black & Blue release. Bandmates are Hal Singer, Georges Arvanitas, Jackie Samson and S P Leary.

Thanks Chuck.

MG

• 10 months later...

The best Braxton' Ghost Trance Music (according to my taste) is on Delmark.

- Anthony Braxton: Four Compositions (GTM) 2000 (DelmarkDG 544)

Featuring Kevin Uehlinger on piano (no, he is not related to hatOLOGY's boss Werner X. Uehlinger), Keith Witty on string bass and Noam Schatz on percussion.

If you don't like GTM, this record will make you change your mind.

Edited by P.L.M

Delmark is a great label and (having spoken to him once or twice) Bob K. is a heck of a guy too. When I worked at the Electric Fetus in Mpls we played at least an LP side of Jr. Wells' Hoodoo Man Blues EVERY DAY and sold at least one copy every time we did. They once ran an add of all the v. diverse artists who made their first albums for Delmark, amazing really... And Magic Sam totally rules!