Not offering, not looking for...

Jazzmoose

Okay, after making fun of people who have backlogs of CDs to listen to on the BNBB "back in the day", I finally decided that I'd better go through my CDs and set up a seperate shelf for stuff that I either hadn't heard or had only heard once. Not only am I shocked that there were so many to transfer over, but I found one I didn't even know I had. I have no idea where it came from! So, my question to my fellow board members is this: did any of you sell or trade a copy of The Three Sound's "Babe's Blues" to me? This is driving me nuts! If so, please send a PM and assure me that I didn't steal this somewhere, or that the cat brought it in from the neighbors house or something... :wacko:

I bought The Far East Suite three different times, Search for the New Land twice, and borrowed a copy of Jacknife, even though I had just bought it three months prior. I still don't know whether to attribute this to absent-mindedness or the fact that I've never come up with a list of what I own. Either way, I got some weird looks at Tower when I came back in with the excuse of, "whoops, I already own this one..."

I've only unintentionally purchased duplicates of titles I already have a couple times. The ones that get me at the Naxos "American Composers" series, where I'm not at all familiar with 1/3rd of the composers' names, so I've duplicated a purchase or two there.

But I have purchased two different books about Frank Lloyd Wright, two copies of each book, without intending to.

May have done the same thing with a couple other books as well, come to think of it.

I'm similar, but opposite -- someone on the old [old] BN Board promised to tape me a Phineas Newborn Jazz USA video segment about 4 years ago. I think I inquired once or twice, and the "sender" finally replied, "I sent it, but it's lost in the mail"... yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Can't remember the name of that guy, but I'm sure he posts here.

Edited by Dmitry