How to participate in blindfold tests

Tom Storer

Hello, everyone. I'm new here. I post on another couple of jazz BBSs so some of you might know me already. It was only a matter of time before I ended up here, too.

I'm hoping someone will take advantage of this thread to explain what the blindfold test thing is all about. It sounds like fun and I wouldn't mind taking part. But how to do so? What are the rules?

Hi Tom! Good to see you here. I've enjoyed your posts at Jazz Corner.

You might want to have a look at the following threads to see where we are going with this:

Organissimo Blindfold Test?

Blindfold Test Redux

This is our first blindfold test, so we're working out the kinks right now. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to share them.

If you'd like to participate, I'd be happy to burn and send you a copy of Blindfold Test #1. Just send me a PM with your address. That goes for anyone else who would like to join in the fun!

Not sure I know you, Tom, but welcome. Keep an eye out for the next announcement for Test #2 (mine) and folks will send PMs to me if they wish to participate (It'll be nice if the first one is so popular that we end up with 25 or 30 participants on the next one!).

And to Jim Dye for stepping in with a burn offer and saving me the trouble, Your Burn Master thanks you. ;)

If there are no time constraints, I'd like to join in as well.

A small suggestion. I suppose a software could be written for logging in the answers and for the fastest guesser to win a free cd from a pool of cds we put together.

Yearly champion will win the coveted "Yes, I have no life, but at least I got this Joe Thomas cd" award.;)

Rx.jpg