Max Roach, Miles Davis Mosaics running low

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been lazy to get the Roach so far, since I have several of the original albums. But now...

And I also NEED the Berigan set...

On the other hand, I recently promised to my wife that I'd be a good boy and would moderate my CD purchases...

:(

Been lazy to get the Roach so far, since I have several of the original albums. But now...

And I also NEED the Berigan set...

On the other hand, I recently promised to my wife that I'd be a good boy and would moderate my CD purchases...

:(

Yeah, but the Roach is only a seven CD set. That's moderate, at least by the standards of this place. :lol:

Don't panic. Don't panic. Don't panic.

Take a deep breath...

OK - PANIC!

They do say on their website that there are two or three months to go with Running Low. The time to panic will be in July or August, or when it moves to Last Chance, if sooner.

Take a deep breath...

OK - PANIC!

They do say on their website that there are two or three months to go with Running Low. The time to panic will be in July or August, or when it moves to Last Chance, if sooner.

If I remember correctly some sets sold out/went out of print within a few weeks...

Edited by J.A.W.

Take a deep breath...

OK - PANIC!

If I remember correctly some sets sold out/went out of print within a few weeks...

...and I would think the Max would be one of them because I have heard many board members say it would be the set they were going to pick up when it started "Running Low."

The Max Roach is one not to miss. Fantastic material with the Booker Little/George Coleman lineup and the band with the Turrentine brothers too. Great sounding set, recommended.

I was hoping the Miles 63-64 wouldn't hit this list quite so fast. :rlol

Edited by sidewinder

The Max Roach is one not to miss. Fantastic material with the Booker Little/George Coleman lineup and the band with the Turrentine brothers too. Great sounding set, recommended.

I'm not too fond of the Rich Versus Roach and Moon-Faced and Starry-Eyed sessions, but overall this set is indeed one not to miss. Grab it while you can!

Good timing for me, I'll be grabbing the Max Roach set soon. I just sold all my individual Max Roach

albums contained in that set and I've been meaning to order some Selects for a long time now. :)

I completely concur... I was on the fence on this for a loonnggggg time.... but when I did my Splurge (like $600 or something late last year) :blink::blink::blink: I got this one... and I'm thoroughlly glad.... It surprised me greatly...

Oh Ron...S..... Max is calling your name,,, :g:g:g

I was hoping the Miles 63-64 wouldn't hit this list quite so fast. :rlol

And I answered him earlier today, as soon as I got the email from Mosaic. :P Also ordered the Ellington "Cosmic Scene" and "The Jazz Piano" singles to take advantage of the shipping cost. :rolleyes:

I'm on a strict "Running Low" diet with Mosaic these days, and Max was definitely on my list.

Does it mean they will realese the vinyl set of the Jack Johnson session? :excited:

I try to see the good face of the reality. :g

Any chance that this could happen or is it pure fantasy? :unsure:

Edited by ASNL77

Good Man.... :tup:tup The Mosaic God is on your side.... Who knows maybe they'll drop you an extra set or something?

And I answered him earlier today, as soon as I got the email from Mosaic. :P Also ordered the Ellington "Cosmic Scene" and "The Jazz Piano" singles to take advantage of the shipping cost. :rolleyes:

I'm on a strict "Running Low" diet with Mosaic these days, and Max was definitely on my list.