Duke Ellington: The Reprise Studio Recordings

I'm onto Disc 4 and really like this... I'm thrilled to grab this OOP set... I'm still shocked that this was available...

The longbox format is fine with me...

Does anyone know exactly WHICH Mosaic sets get the longbox treatment? (And why?) I assume the Basie that's up for sale over at the uk amazon site, is longbox???

:excl::excl::excl:

Does anyone know exactly WHICH Mosaic sets get the longbox treatment? (And why?) I assume the Basie that's up for sale over at the uk amazon site, is longbox???

The Basie box was the standard square Universal set identical to the Mosaic big boxes.

Edited by mikelz777

The Basie box was the standard square Universal set identical to the Mosaic big boxes.

Like your (tranemonk's) Farlow set (remember that one, and who turned you on to it? :w ).

The Ellington longbox is neither from Mosaic nor from Universal, it's from Warner. That explains it's unique format.

The Universal sets released in Europe use the same packaging as the Mosaic boxes, except for the different reference number and the missing limited edition number.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...