Classical Music Forum Poll

Classical Music Forum Poll  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the entire problem is that by voluntary segregation all discussion of classical music has ended up in a single thread, that is the fault of the classical music fans who contribute to the "problem". Nothing has ever stopped them from starting new threads about specific topics/artists/releases.

None of the people voting "yes" has even attempted to address this point by Dan. Would any care to try it?

Guy

Edited by Guy

If the entire problem is that by voluntary segregation all discussion of classical music has ended up in a single thread, that is the fault of the classical music fans who contribute to the "problem". Nothing has ever stopped them from starting new threads about specific topics/artists/releases.

None of the people voting "yes" has even attempted to address this point by Dan. Would any care to try it?

Guy

...there's that Terry Riley in the April 2007 Wire thread for starters...Concertos, Please Recommend ...

Here's an example of a forum out of control. The Organissimo forum is in no danger of getting this bad.

You think that Forum didn't start out all nice and clean and neat? Its a slippery slope ...

I don't think there were any votes over there, just the owner going wild.

If someone doesn't know how to spell Shostakovich, they can just go to the forum and browse.

Oooooooo, that's a great point that I hadn't thought of. There are some mighty long semi-tricky names to spell in classical, especially if you're a newbie.

I may be changing my opinion from I don't care to yes. It might be a good thing to be able to browse through selected topics on a Classical Forum rather than browsing though the entire Misc. Music Forum.

Yeah, my "huh?" can be changed to a "yes." Aside from some composer names being tricky to spell "song" titles tend to be "Symphony No. 2" and such, which make classical different from the other musics. Being able to search within a forum might be easier. Of course moving past classical threads takes some work, but maybe someone can collect the links for Jim.