WTB books on jazz - Penguin Guide and 101 Best Jazz Albums

After reading a thread Why don't I like jazz? at other forums I've got a strong feeling I need some books to read. Decided to start with The 101 Best Jazz Albums: A History of Jazz on Records by Len Lyons and The Penguin Guide to Jazz on CD by Cook, Richard and Brian Morton. Anybody has a spare copy? Want to pay up to $15 for each shipped to Russia, credit card or Paypal from credit card.

Andrew

Edited by dutchmanx

After reading a thread Why don't I like jazz? at other forums I've got a strong feeling I need some books to read. Decided to start with The 101 Best Jazz Albums: A History of Jazz on Records by Len Lyons and The Penguin Guide to Jazz on CD by Cook, Richard and Brian Morton. Anybody has a spare copy? Want to pay up to $15 for each shipped to Russia, credit card or Paypal from credit card.

Andrew

Don't have spares, but I was weaned on the Lyons book back in the early 80s. Note that it mentions mostly lp re-issues, but their CD counterparts can be figured out easily enough. Enjoy!

Andrew

The shipping to Russia will be very expensive from USA if sent airmail, doesn't leave much if any payment for the books. I have both, might consider selling. Would you accept ground shipping on them?

The shipping to Russia will be very expensive from USA if sent airmail, doesn't leave much if any payment for the books. I have both, might consider selling. Would you accept ground shipping on them?

I thought I'd read that the US Postal Service discontinued international ground shipping as part of the changes made when they implemented the recent rate hike. That seems to be borne out by their online rate calculator:

USPS Postage Rate Calculator

I thought I'd read that the US Postal Service discontinued international ground shipping as part of the changes made when they implemented the recent rate hike. That seems to be borne out by their online rate calculator:

USPS Postage Rate Calculator

Yes, this is true, from a recent visit to the good ol' PO.

Andrew

I will if you swear they would reach me sometime.

What do you mean very expensive? Give me the price quote. Shipping CD to Russia is cheaper then from Russia international (yes we Russians are very rich :lol: same for the gas - we pay more then Americans)

Andrew

PS Can you tell me about CD included with Penguin Guide. Do you have it and do I need it badly?

Edited by dutchmanx

Andrew

I will if you swear they would reach me sometime.

What do you mean very expensive? Give me the price quote. Shipping CD to Russia is cheaper then from Russia international (yes we Russians are very rich :lol: same for the gas - we pay more then Americans)

Andrew

PS Can you tell me about CD included with Penguin Guide. Do you have it and do I need it badly?

$15.90 to mail a 2 pound package to Russia. $13.00 for a 1.5 pound package.

• 2 months later...

I have both, might consider selling. Would you accept ground shipping on them? $15.90 to mail a 2 pound package to Russia. $13.00 for a 1.5 pound package.

I want to proceed - I will bite the actual airmail shipping, what for the books?

Besides $$ you may choose some of my CDs from My trade list

In case you need any references - check what my customers tell about me :

GEMM feedback

Andrew