Blue Note at Bonnaroo

Adam

What a goofy thing to say...

Hey, Randy... check out his pet peeve, then call the number he gives at the bottom of the interview.

Interview with Rick Farman, co-founder of Superfly Productions

Rick can be reached at 504.896.2393; e-mail: rick@superflypresents.com

I called that number and it doesn't ring through, I instead got a recording stating that the number does not take incoming calls..

NOW ISN'T THAT CONVENIENT! :rolleyes:

I also got a BIG chuckle out of this:

Rick's Industry pet peeve

People who don't return calls/emails.

How many musicians do you think want to play that festival? It's one of, if not the, biggest festival of its kind in the country. How dumb would it be for the guy that runs the whole thing to have his personal phone number out there for the entire musical world to see? His phone would never stop ringing.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a goofy thing to say...

Hey, Randy... check out his pet peeve, then call the number he gives at the bottom of the interview.

Interview with Rick Farman, co-founder of Superfly Productions

Rick can be reached at 504.896.2393; e-mail: rick@superflypresents.com

I called that number and it doesn't ring through, I instead got a recording stating that the number does not take incoming calls..

NOW ISN'T THAT CONVENIENT! :rolleyes:

I also got a BIG chuckle out of this:

Rick's Industry pet peeve

People who don't return calls/emails.

How many musicians do you think want to play that festival? It's one of, if not the, biggest festival of its kind in the country.

How dumb would it be for the guy that runs the whole thing to have his personal phone number out there for the entire musical world to see? His phone would never stop ringing.

You're right Jimmy, all points taken, though the irony that this cat would even bother posting a phone number (and it was obvious as well to me before I even called it wasn't his personal number for the reasons you stated ) in the interview amuses me.. My question is how does a band like ourselves get a slot at this festival??

Edited by randissimo

Hey, there's some obscure/unknown stuff popping up at side tents... I don't see why organissimo wouldn't be a great addition to a festival like this.

You could always pack up the van and show up with a generator!

Even the side tent performers tend to be pretty well known in most circles. Hell, little known Norah Jones was one of those side performers at the first one. As hip as Organissimo might be, there is a level of general popularity and buzz that Bonnaroo is looking for.

admat.jpg

If you can read the small type at the bottom of the bill, tell me who these people are. My hunch, they are undiscovered clients, or potential clients, of Superfly. Superfly does a lot more than throw this festival. They have established a pretty amazing vertical market, especially considering they will soon own the land.

Organissimo should certainly be given the time of day. I think it would be a very safe booking move to put them on a roster like this, especially now that there are so many mainstream jazz acts on board.

How about this: a duel between MAGO (Medeski+Martin) and Jimmy and Randy? You don't think that would draw a crowd? You don't think the people would eat that shit up? It just doesn't take much...

Organissimo is a damned good band. They deserve the time of day, or at least a spot out in some remote parking lot.

Guest donald petersen

a corpulent hippie was at my apartment last summer with my girlfriend's sister (who is such a hippie she doesn't use toilet paper-she uses a water filled french's mustard plastic bottle) and he was talking about boneroo last year and he said he had fun and he even got to hang out with his "friend lucy. lucy and her diamonds. you know, lucy in the sky?" what an utter tool.

Guest donald petersen

yes, some people in oregon save toilet paper by using a squirt of water from a plastic mustard bottle.

i had to stay in such a place for four days. with a guy named "saffron".

Guest donald petersen

no they didn't even have a stereo. i am sure aric has a respectable system on which to listen to his sun ra LPs.

his girlfriend would only wear soy pants. lol. that was my girlfriend's sister. i didn't know you could make soy into clothing.

What happens to soy fibers when they come into contact with mustard bottle moistened nether areas?

I'm not sure, but I'm thinking it's going to take more than a perfunctory squirt from a water-filled mustard bottle to fully cleanse a hippie's hirsute hindquarters. It's one thing to be environmentally conscious, but it's quite another to abstain from wiping your ass. Unless you've got one of those computerized Japanese toilets that not only washes but also blow-dries. :alien:

Guest donald petersen

they weren't clean people. they were hippies with like two pairs of clothing each.

and the whole little place smelled terrible. no deoderant, etc.

i don't think cleanliness was tops on anyones agenda.

or bottom on anyones agenda! get it?

let me just say i did not feel comfortable touching the hand towels in the bathroom. i didn't even really look in their direction.