39 mosaic boxes for one bid

Okay...here's my scheme....

"Barb, remember how much I got for those Mosaic sets I sold? Check this out; just think of the profit if I was to win this batch!! Of course, I might want to keep a couple...you know, just to replace some of the ones I miss. No more than half of 'em. Or two thirds at the most. Uh..."

oh, nevermind. :angry:

Word for word, baby! ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe someone offered him an offer he couldn't refuse.

I don't think so. In that case you'd still be able to access the auction page, and it would say "the seller has ended the auction early because xxxx" or something like that.

When I tried to access the auction yesterday I got the message that it had been removed by eBay.

Edited by J.A.W.

Maybe someone offered him an offer he couldn't refuse.

I don't think so. In that case you'd still be able to access the auction page, and it would say "the seller has ended the auction early because xxxx" or something like that.

When I tried to access the auction yesterday I got the message that it had been removed by eBay.

I think he was referring to that line from The Godfather. ;)

I am always suspicious when I see Mosaic sets auctioned by groups of 5,10 or more sets put together. Anybody with a bit of common sense knows that he would make much more money by selling them individually. This type of auctions stinks. It is an easy way to make a lot of money on somebody's back by receiving only one negative feedback for a massive steal..... :bad:

Edited by ASNL77

It is funny, as grouping a number of titles together, especially when each is valuable in its own right, would end up fetching lower prices. That's just common sense, as most people don't want to bid for items they don't want or already own unless they can get them for a song and resell them quickly.

Ken ris right. Another aspect is that even the seller should make out O.K. if he manages to sell a batch of items in one go at a lower price per item as this will save him a lot of extra work (listing, shipping, etc.) that he would have to put in if he had tried to sell each item separately. Why should auctions be different from the way things like this are handled at garage sales, swap meets, etc.?

So per se I cannot see anything wrong with listing entire lots of somewhat related items (such as these Mosaics), and most of my best buys have been when I bought entire lots of related items (even if I did not particularly care each and every item included in the lot, the price per individual item often was almost ridiculously low so this more than made up for those items I did not like or already had).

Of course the abusive handling charge policy in this particular instance is a different thing and this may be what caused the auction to be removed.

Edited by Big Beat Steve

Some sellers evidently choose a large shipping/handling charge for two reasons:

That amount is not subject to ebay fees.

Refunds of shipping charges in event of a return are rare. (I had one case as a seller misrepresented a set of DVDRs as DVDs). I insisted that he refund shipping both ways and got it; I still gave him a negative rating.

Frankly, I don't see why anyone should be able to charge much over $1.50 over the cost of postage and packaging to ship anything and I avoid sellers who aren't specific up front about what shipping charges will be.