Rolling Stones' Ron Woods original artwork (sketch)

A cousin of mine was at one time married to a record executive in LA, and she went to many parties frequented by heavys in the industry (esp. rockers).

She was given an original sketch - drawn at one of said parties - by guitarist Ron Wood. It is signed by Wood and is quite good. And it is autographed on the back by his wife Jo as well as pianist Ian McLaughlin. Besides the autographs there are references to smoking grass and a limerick by Ms Wood.

She passed it along to her son (my 2nd cousin if you're keeping track!). He asked if I would help sell it, knowing my experience with Ebay, etc.

I have no experience with this sort of collectible however. I have no clue as to what it could be valued at, and I would hate to low ball it and have my cousin get shafted.

By the way, the sketch is from 1979 and it measures 12" x 16" and is on heavy cardboard at paper. Considering the age, it is in especially good condition. It has been stored face down the entire time and is not warped at all.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what direction I could take to pass this along to a 3rd party at a fair price and yet avoid the Ebay price gouge? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Ronnie has a very active business selling his art, including his own website. On several of the most recent Stones tours of the U.S. and Canada, he's often had exhibits/sales in local galleries in major markets like Boston, Toronto, etc.

http://www.ronniewood.org/

Start there to see what prices his works command.

Then do a google search and type in "Ronnie Wood art for sale" and a lot of websites selling his stuff will pop up. This will allow you to do some price comparisions with similar works.

BTW, it's pianist Ian McLagan, not McLaughlin.

The autographs and personalization will add value to your piece, but I can't say with any certainty how valuable it might be, since he there's a lot of his art on the market. Good luck, hope this helps.

Ronnie has a very active business selling his art, including his own website. On several of the most recent Stones tours of the U.S. and Canada, he's often had exhibits/sales in local galleries in major markets like Boston, Toronto, etc.

http://www.ronniewood.org/

Start there to see what prices his works command.

Then do a google search and type in "Ronnie Wood art for sale" and a lot of websites selling his stuff will pop up. This will allow you to do some price comparisions with similar works.

BTW, it's pianist Ian McLagan, not McLaughlin.

The autographs and personalization will add value to your piece, but I can't say with any certainty how valuable it might be, since he there's a lot of his art on the market. Good luck, hope this helps.

Thanks!

I appreciate the insight (and the correction on Ian's last name!)