Savoy compilations

Kyo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you got the 2-LP set. Savoy released a CD version of this in the early 90s (same cover artwork'n all), and its contents were truncated compared to the original LP with a couple of tracks missing.

Just picked up the Vol 1 'Black California' in near mint, to add to Vol 2 ! The Savoy 2LP reissue series is the greatest.

Hope you got the 2-LP set. Savoy released a CD version of this in the early 90s (same cover artwork'n all), and its contents were truncated compared to the original LP with a couple of tracks missing.

Just picked up the Vol 1 'Black California' in near mint, to add to Vol 2 ! The Savoy 2LP reissue series is the greatest.

LP sets of both Vols 1 and Vol 2- :excited: I wasn't aware these had been on CD at all.

LP sets of both Vols 1 and Vol 2- :excited: I wasn't aware these had been on CD at all.

Like you can read above - forget them. They were released way after the vinyl twofers and really are a letdown because of their incompleteness, though you might be lured into thinking you get the real thing because they reproduce the LP cover artwork.

Actually some of those 2-LP sets are among the VERY FEW LPs that I ever got myself a second (NM) copy of (when the occasion arose DIRT CHEAP in a secondhand record shop) because the original ones had been played so often that (though there still are no audible concerns) the scuffs get a bit more visible and the surface less glossy).