Happy Birthday Robert J!

Thanks all - sorry on the response delay, but I just got back from a European trip and now am online at work :(

In brief: I was in Paris with my wife on my birthday. It also involved a trip up the Eiffel Tower, a long walk along the Seine, Belgian beer and mussels on the Left Bank and a great French meal near the Opera.

An awesome way to spend my 40th birthday! <_<

• 1 year later...

Thanks everyone.

I am in Windsor, Ontario, at my mother's place. It is raining on my birthday, probably the 1st time in 42 years. On July 1, 1967, my mom was still 6 weeks away from dropping me. But on that day they were at an outdoor wedding. My dad was the best man and visible in the sky that very hot day, was the smoke from the Detroit riots rising up across the Detroit river. Maybe a sign. I decided to get out early, on Canada's 100th birthday no less. (I got a medal from the government and a free stroller).

But now, at 42, what the.... :)

I have been quiet on Org this past year. A combination of liking my job and a yearlong basement reno with my wife. We somehow survived.

I still lurk, but have not really posted much so thanks to those who still know me as a crazy beer drinking Canadian. Maybe I need to get on the Organissimo chat program.

On a music positive note, I was in Chicago a couple of weeks ago on business. I was able to get out to play an entire set at Buddy Guy's Legends for the jam session with guitarist Jimmy Burns. After being out of performing for a bit, it was a good experience to be in front of a couple of hundred people and not be nervous. In fact it was a very positive experience in terms of what came out of my playing and I am looking forward to getting back to more playing as a result.

Anyhow, raining now. I made ribs and salmon for 14 people, and only beers to sustain now.

Tomorrow - Thursday - we plan to go over to Detroit for a drive. I promised to take my family to

for some classic dogs. Michigan members, we'll be there around 2pm if anyone is interested :)

• 11 months later...