Sports: NBA 2007-2008

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How am I gonna watch Darko in Memphis? Do they ever play on national TV? Contract specifics arent out yet, but it looks to be much more than the mid-level (5.3 mill)

Chauncey's contract is a steal at 5 years, 60. Plus, there is even a team option for year 5. Orlando is incredibly stupid. Rashard was paid atleast twice what he is worth, and they had to let Darko go to get him. (Make fun of Darko all you want but paying him 30 million and having cap flexibility would be way better than paying Rashard 126 million)

He averaged 2.5 steals and 2.1 blocks a couple years ago. The fell off 2.1 and 1.0 this year as he took on more of a role in the offense. He is considered by many to be a very good defensive player and maybe one of the best at his position.

Edited by md655321

Joe Smith signed with the Bulls today. I don't follow the Bulls closely, so perhaps an aging, injury-prone power forward of average ability who will (maybe) score 10 ppg is what they need. (Better than an ancient PJ Brown, I suppose.)

Slow NBA news day/week. :w

Guy

• 2 weeks later...

The Warriors traded Jason Richardson for Brandan Wright -- could be a big improvement, but until we know what Wright is capable of it's too early to judge. On the plus side JRich is going to Charlotte so I'll be able to root for him next season.

Tonight my brother and I, along with two friends, went to the Cheesecake Factory here in Charlotte. We're waiting for our table when my brother says, "I think that's Jason Richardson." Sure enough, it was; we said hello, told him we were huge fans, and that I was psyched about the fact that he now plays for the Bobcats (since I live here). Anyway, hopefully we weren't too annoying, but it was awesome nonetheless.

Guy

Any thoughts on KG to Boston???

I don't know what the Celtics will do as a team in 07-08 but you can guarantee that KG will give them everything he has. I am sad to see him leave the T Pups but I am happy that he is free of the uncreative team leadership and ownership.

Hopefully the deal won't go down in Twin Cities sports history as the worst deal since the Vikings traded for Herschel Walker or the Twins traded away Rod Carew. At this moment I don't see it turning out any differently.

I think it was a great trade for both teams. Once the Celts got Allen, they forced themselves into a 2-3 year window. Thier lack of depth, no perimeter D, and a 2nd year pg will kill them though. They are still a player or two away. However, they certainly will be able to draw some interest from some guys out there (Webber, PJ Brown, Brevin Knight would all be good fits.)

Wolves get two picks back and Al Jefferson, who is an absolute stud. They get Gerald Green, who is a monster athlete put apparently dumb as rocks. If they can turn him into something mildly decent, along with Foye (a stud) Brewer (almost certainly a very solid starter) and Craig Smith (a great hustle rebound guy) then they have a great future. Ryan Gomes is also a great hustle guy. They just need to shoot Ricky Davis. Now.

Edited by md655321

I think it was a great trade for both teams. Once the Celts got Allen, they forced themselves into a 2-3 year window. Thier lack of depth, no perimeter D, and a 2nd year pg will kill them though. They are still a player or two away. However, they certainly will be able to draw some interest from some guys out there (Webber, PJ Brown, Brevin Knight would all be good fits.)

Wolves get two picks back and Al Jefferson, who is an absolute stud. They get Gerald Green, who is a monster athlete put apparently dumb as rocks. If they can turn him into something mildly decent, along with Foye (a stud) Brewer (almost certainly a very solid starter) and Craig Smith (a great hustle rebound guy) then they have a great future. Ryan Gomes is also a great hustle guy. They just need to shoot Ricky Davis. Now.

I think it was the best deal the Wolves were gonna get for KG. W/ Ratliff's contract coming off the books next season they will be primed for the 2008 FA market which is looking to be great.

The C's.... I agree it all depends on who they can pick up for the minimum. They are going to be over the cap this season and they have no bench at all. KG is 31, Allen is 32 and Pierce will be 30 when the season starts. They are not going to be able to keep up w/ the younger, faster teams that like to run. Additionally, Allen and Pierce have spent some time on the IL the past couple of seasons - how will they hold up?

They'll have nice offensive balance between KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen. They're not going to be a pushover, that's for sure.

I don't think the Celts are a lock to make the conference finals, but if their big three stay healthy it won't be that hard in a conference where the two best teams are Cleveland and Detroit.

Guy

They'll have nice offensive balance between KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen. They're not going to be a pushover, that's for sure.

I don't think the Celts are a lock to make the conference finals, but if their big three stay healthy it won't be that hard in a conference where the two best teams are Cleveland and Detroit.

Guy

Reading a Q+A on ESPN this morning, the majority of their "experts" pick Chicago as the best team in the east.

Guy

Reading a Q+A on ESPN this morning, the majority of their "experts" pick Chicago as the best team in the east.

Not a crazy pick, but I'll believe it when I see it. Have they made any major changes to their lineup during their offseason?

Guy