Sports: NBA 2007-2008

You have to love the Knicks. Marbury is left of out the starting line-up and walks out in a huff, but he leaves this parting shot for Zeke:

"Isiah has to start me," Marbury fumed, according to the source. "I've got so much (stuff) on Isiah and he knows it. He thinks he can (get) me. But I'll (get) him first. You have no idea what I know."

Starbury at work again....

Isiah and Marbury deserve one another. (And you can throw James Dolan, who runs Madison Square Garden into that mix too.)

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dwight howard is becoming my fav baller

i gotta do some push-ups

Got him on 2 of my fantasy teams. :cool:

There are some crazy highlights of him on Youtube for those who haven't seen him in action. He's been putting up some crazy points & boards (and sometimes block) numbers this year. Oops, I used crazy twice.

anyone hear the brokeback mountain reference by phil the other day?

not the smartest thing to say

Yeah, and it cost him some ca$$h too....

PS: Here's his apology:

When you take it out of context, it wasn't funny," Jackson said. "It was a poor attempt at humor and I deserved to be reprimanded by the NBA. If I offended any horses, Texans, cowboys or gays, I apologize." Asked if he had left anyone out in his mea culpa, Jackson said, "Well, children."

Phil is Phil....

Edited by Matthew

Still can't believe what a mess Thomas & Marbury turned into. The story that came out of New York a week ago just seems too far-fetched to be believed. Thomas has the team vote on Marbury, saying if just one person votes against Marbury playing, Marbury sits. The whole team goes against Marbury and Thomas ignores it and plays Starbury any way. Unbelievable, if true. What a way to run a team.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Matthew

Jon Abbey posted this hilarious bit over at JC...

another classic Marbury quote this week:

"If I didn't play the way how I played, I wouldn't have gotten no max contract," he said. "They can talk about whatever they wanna talk about me, because I got maxed. I'm a max player. Don't get mad at me, because I'm telling you what's real. One plus one is two, all day long, and it's never gonna change. And that's factorial."

Story here...

:rofl:

Jon Abbey posted this hilarious bit over at JC...

another classic Marbury quote this week:

"If I didn't play the way how I played, I wouldn't have gotten no max contract," he said. "They can talk about whatever they wanna talk about me, because I got maxed. I'm a max player. Don't get mad at me, because I'm telling you what's real. One plus one is two, all day long, and it's never gonna change. And that's factorial."

Story here...

:rofl:

And to think that people complained about Kobe. At least Kobe can play. And THAT's factorial. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Jason Kidd out last night against the Knicks because he claims he has a migraine but according to according to Yahoo! Sports Two sources said Kidd has been a constant text messaging partner with LeBron James since playing with him this summer on Team USA and that the Cavaliers are his preferred destination. "They've been communicating about the (trade) options that could get them together in Cleveland," one Eastern Conference official said.