Sports: NBA 2007-2008

Try this for getting into shape; you have a waist of 35, you can't find pants with a waist 35, only 34 or 36. That is absurd, a 36 makes you look bloated and sloppy, a 34 squeezes you to death!! Its great to have all that money and get tailored clothes regardless of what shape you are in. :g

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manu Ginobili was on fire at Cleveland tonight - 46 points, and 8 three pointers.

Lebron had 39 pts, but the Spurs won, 112-105.

Parker's been out for a while, and I"m not sure when he's coming back. Spurs don't seem like the team to beat in the West right now, regardless though. The Suns, Lakers, and now the Mavs have all made pretty significant trades of late.

Manu Ginobili was on fire at Cleveland tonight - 46 points, and 8 three pointers.

Lebron had 39 pts, but the Spurs won, 112-105.

Parker's been out for a while, and I"m not sure when he's coming back. Spurs don't seem like the team to beat in the West right now, regardless though. The Suns, Lakers, and now the Mavs have all made pretty significant trades of late.

Close game until Manu totally took over in the fourth--for the game, eight 3-pointers, ouch. Cavs playing reasonably well through a tough part of their schedule. Still missing Varajao, Pavlovic, Gibson. After tonight, Cavs only have 3 games left with western conference teams with .500+ records (Houston, Portland, New Orleans). They won't catch Detroit, so they won't rise above the 4 seed. Hopefully they'll get their guys back and make another run...

And check Larry Hughes' recent production: averaging 18.8 ppg over last 10, including 26 against Spurs and 40 against Magic. Finally some signs of life (...cue the medical staff).

Recent report has Devean George vetoing the Kidd to Mavs deal. We'll see if DAL/NJ can work around this.

Shaq's played a total of four games in the last two months. Only his first game with the team, and he posted 15 points and 9 rebounds and made some very nice passes. Give the Daddy some credit, SS1!

How 'bout that goose egg on Raja Bell's noggin? Youch!

Still, huge win for the Lakers. 3-1 regular season series advantage over the Suns, so the Lakers will have home court advantage if the two square off in the playoffs.

Greats night of Basketball here on the West Coast (I feel sorry for fans who have to watch teams in the lEast except for the Pistons and Celtics, more on them in a sec) last night with Suns - Lakeshow, what a game! Lakers are scary good and the seeing Shaq run up the court and getting a feed from Nash maybe a sign of things to come. Stern needs to eliminate division and conference seeding. The Lakers or Suns could have the second best record in the west by a game and go from a 1 seed to a 5th. Why punish a team for having a better record than a team with a worst record in a division that isn't as good. Again go to best of 16 format.

As great as the Suns - Lakers was the game of the night was Dubs vs Team Green with Barron hitting the game winner at the buzzer. Monta Ellis is a highlight reel every-night and Andris Beidrins was balling (there both only 21). Last night was my first look at the Celtics and I was very impressed with the team defense. The Warriors had to work for every basket. With the great D, shooters and half court game the Celtics are built for the playoffs. As if Boston needed another good sports team. sigh..

sp_warriorscelticsla89.jpg

Shaq was hurting too much to play for the Heat. He gets traded to Phoenix, and miraculously he's healthy. I'm sure that's just a coincidence. :cool:

Yeah, I thought Bill Walton was right to call him out on that and Shaq was out of line to call Walton a hypocrite. Seems like Randy Moss set the standard on how to get what you want.

Edit to above post, Orlando is also very exciting in the lEast and should go far.

Shaq was hurting too much to play for the Heat. He gets traded to Phoenix, and miraculously he's healthy. I'm sure that's just a coincidence. :cool:

Seems to me that was just a cover story anyway. Shaq was in disfavor with Riley and you know how Riley is; if you cross him, you are out.

:cool:

Seems to me that was just a cover story anyway. Shaq was in disfavor with Riley and you know how Riley is; if you cross him, you are out.

:cool:

It may well have been a cover story, but dogging it like he did doesn't say much for Shaq.

I think maybe that was the only way Shaq could get out??

:bwallace2:

Probably - but that's the thing with Shaq. He's fine when his team is winning, but when things go south, he wants out. See Orlando, the Lakers, the Heat.

The other thing with Shaq is that he's never been known for his work ethic. When was the last time he played a full season? To me, this was another chance for him to play half a season.