Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Finally! After their horrid and ugly football during the World Cup the Dutch finally played a great Euro 2012 qualifier against Sweden, 4-1. Great, clean attacking football, without De Jong. Here's hoping the famous Dutch style is back, and here to stay.

That's nice to hear. I wouldn't care if De Jong never returned to that team. I heard a comment during yesterday's U.S./Colombia match that De Jong had once again broken someone's leg. I haven't bothered to investigate, but let's just say I wasn't surprised. The karate kick vs Spain (Alonso?) should have been severely punished.

Alas, I never really find time to follow the EPL or other euro leagues. I follow my team (San Jose Earthquakes) in the MLS, and the U.S. national team. Unfortunately, under Bob Bradley, I think there is a false sense of security. We're able to achieve fairly decent results, but... talk about dull, boring football. It was so bad in the first half vs Colombia yesterday that I wanted to call the U.S. federation and complain. And we get to keep Bradley for 4 more years... :bad:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET FUCKING IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but it's the best bit of Liverpool related news I've had since they signed Torres.

Liverpool FC owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett lose in high court

And it gets better...

Liverpool FC sale: High court hearing verdict - live coverage

Looks like this one is going to drag on for a few more days, at least.

Tom Hicks and George Gillett claim injunction to halt Liverpool sale

I wouldn't care if De Jong never returned to that team. I heard a comment during yesterday's U.S./Colombia match that De Jong had once again broken someone's leg. I haven't bothered to investigate, but let's just say I wasn't surprised. The karate kick vs Spain (Alonso?) should have been severely punished.

De Jong at work on Hatem Ben Arfa

You Tube

Ben Arfa is out for several months now...

I wouldn't care if De Jong never returned to that team. I heard a comment during yesterday's U.S./Colombia match that De Jong had once again broken someone's leg. I haven't bothered to investigate, but let's just say I wasn't surprised. The karate kick vs Spain (Alonso?) should have been severely punished.

De Jong at work on Hatem Ben Arfa

You Tube

Ben Arfa is out for several months now...

De Jong is a violent character and should sit behind bars.

Sorry, but it's the best bit of Liverpool related news I've had since they signed Torres.

And it gets better...

I think the High Court ruled that what happened in Texas was meaningless since they had no jurisdiction.

Good to see you're not going totally over the top there... :w :w :w

Had his assault in the WC taken place anywhere else, he would be in jail for assault.

Had his assault in the WC taken place anywhere else, he would be in jail for assault.

De Jong's violent playing style has resulted in two opponents breaking their legs and other injuries this year. National coach Van Marwijk has repeatedly warned him about it and removed him from the Dutch team before the last two Euro 2012 qualifiers. De Jong is now considering international retirement.

De Jong's violent playing style has resulted in two opponents breaking their legs and other injuries this year. National coach Van Marwijk has repeatedly warned him about it and removed him from the Dutch team before the last two Euro 2012 qualifiers. De Jong is now considering international retirement.

I agree the one on Alonso was very bad but to be honest the one on Ben Arfa really didn't look that bad at first, you see players get up, maybe very slowly but they do get up, from those kinds of tackles in the PL all the time. Personally I don't want to see the physical element removed from the game, but obviously I don't want to see careers ended either. His problem is that after the WC he has a very bad rep,. but they still let Van Bommel in the team and he's is easily as bad if not worse, nepotism eh.

Mancini has come out to defend his player.

Anyway if you want to see some really bad tackles, watch the Merseyside Derby on Sunday, over 18s only.

And it gets better...

I think the High Court ruled that what happened in Texas was meaningless since they had no jurisdiction.

Yes it's getting very, very tasty now, they money should be changing hands very soon, I hope.

Liverpool FC sale - live coverage

After that performance today, I would say that the need about 20 new players and a new manager. Yes, even I'm pissed off with Hodgson now, he didn't put out a very brave team selection today and it showed when they played, waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy to deep. Today made it offical for me, it's a crisis, if they can't get going for the Merseyside Derby there is no hope. Everton totally out fought, out thought and out played Liverpool, they actually looked like a team and a team that had a plan, where as Liverpool were just clueless from the get go. I don't mind if they play well and lose, especially in a Derby, but that was just pathetic. Considering what went on all last week they should have been more up for it, but no, same shit, different day.

And worse still, Roy Hodgson: 'No crisis' at Liverpool despite loss to Everton in derby, if you don't think that your worst start to a season since 1953 is a crisis then what is, they could have been mid-table with a win but they're second from bottom now and as they say the Table doesn't lie.

:rmad::rcry:rmad::rcry:rmad::rcry:rmad::rcry:rmad::rcry:rmad::rcry

Sorry, but I just saw this, watch it to the end, he's not even sure how many matches Liverpool have lost this season!!!???

Roy Hodgson unsure how Liverpool lost against Everton

I didn't see anything really extraordinary in his talk. His main point seemed that the team was unlucky, which may be the case (I didn't see the match).

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone catch the Aston Villa vs. Man U game yesterday? Second half was exciting and I felt bad that AV blew a two goal lead, but they were lucky to hold on, very much on the ropes. Villa had some youngish player who looked nice; I was impressed with Marc Albrighton, a lot of good energy came from his play, a good portent for their future.

Anyone catch the Aston Villa vs. Man U game yesterday? Second half was exciting and I felt bad that AV blew a two goal lead, but they were lucky to hold on, very much on the ropes. Villa had some youngish player who looked nice; I was impressed with Marc Albrighton, a lot of good energy came from his play, a good portent for their future.

Problem was that the first half was so hapless that I stopped watching, apparently it was very good in the second part.<_<

Watched Barcelona-Villareal, tough game for Barça , Villereal gave them a lot of things to think about, the second Barcelona goal was you classical Messi goal with fast clever passing through the Penality area.Still the good guys won:rolleyes:

Long time I had been that impressed by Les Bleus!

They defeated England 2-1 at Wembley last night.

Two teams that sank at the World Cup. France looks like it is coping better in the disaster aftermath.

Special satisfaction in seeing Gourcuff and Nasri really play together!

Long time I had been that impressed by Les Bleus!

They defeated England 2-1 at Wembley last night.

Two teams that sank at the World Cup. France looks like it is coping better in the disaster aftermath.

Special satisfaction in seeing Gourcuff and Nasri really play together!

I have to say Brownie that the England team looked totally outclassed last night, even though Crouch recovered one goal late on. But there again, that would also apply against a team of dustbins. ;)

Fabio Cappello must be pulling his hair out by now. A deserved win by France !

Edited by sidewinder