Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool

EPL season starts, MU against Tottenham to start the year , finally a good reason to get up early saturdays.

French championship starts also , unfortunately it should be a walk in the park for PSG this year also , they are playing this friday against a side that usually ends up in European competition Lille.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Fans of the beautiful game from out city are going crazy, Didier Drogba is about to sign with the team. He'll be a short term help but hopefully he'll be a boost at the gate , tam is struggling attendance wise with a fan base of only 5000 ticket season holders.

Drogba finally made his first start with the team, he played as a sub two weeks ago and missed the two next games  because of a toe injure, he did come back with a vengeance as a scored three straight goals one with the left, the right and the head in a wild win for the locals over the Chicago Fire. Needless to say that the crowd went bunkers !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

OK I'm in.

Followed Leicester City's run to the Premier League championship this spring and have gotten kind of hooked on soccer.

(Watching a rock 'em, sock 'em Bundesliga relegation match on replay between Bremen and Stuttgart right now! Bremen's rolling. ... A warmup for the Champions league match between Real Madrid and Manchester City later today) ... 

Have been reading up on the various Euro leagues and teams, getting acquainted with the power teams, the history of the sport, etc. 

Now, I just have to pick a favorite team somewhere. :g

I like Tottenham in the Premier just because they seem to be a quality, mid-level team, pretty rich history, usually in the hunt (especially this year) but never quite get over the top -- at least recently. Also, I just like saying "Tottenham Hotspur." Plus we get select Premier League games broadcast in the U.S. now, so I'd be able to follow them.  

As far as leagues go, is the Bundesliga generally considered to be more wide open offensively than in other European leagues? This game I'm watching now (Bremen-Stuttgart) seems really wide open! Just went final at 6-2! Either that, or defensive play in the Bundesliga is ... not good. Mind you, this is a relegation match, so ...

Anyways, some of you soccer experts lay some knowledge on me about what I should watch for, what leagues are best, how they differ, etc. I'm a sponge at this point.

Edited by papsrus

On 24.11.2015 at 1:33 PM, Brad said:

Madrid's performance against Barca was an absolute disgrace.  The Spanish daily Marca posed the following question: do the players not respond to Benitez or does he not know how to coach them?  Whatever the reason, they need to bring back Ancellotti. 

Remember Ancelotti signed with FC Bayern München for the next season?

• 1 year later...