Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Ramos has always been an aggressive player and, yes, he locked his arm, which should have been a foul, but on the way down their arms are locked so I don’t think Ramos could have withdrawn his arm. Yes, I’m a RM fan and have been for over 40 years when I used to live in Madrid. 

At the end of the day and as Klopp said, is anyone going to remember the injury in 10 years? No. Next year they go for four in a row, which I would be shocked if they could win.  Frankly, I never thought three in a row was possible. 

Edited by Brad

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Brad said:

but on the way down their arms are locked so I don’t think Ramos could have withdrawn his arm

It's obvious to me that he had no intention of unlocking his arm as that would have prevented him from the roll/pull manoeuvre that was intended to injure Salah.

As they move together Ramos has the option to simply shoulder barge Salah off the ball and achieve possession for his team. He chooses not to and instead locks Salah's arm.

Klopp is bound to say something like that as he wants to respect the occasion. It doesn't lessen the Ramos's culpability one iota.

I think it's a shame as a team of RM's quality should be able to win trophies without resorting to such tactics

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

Oh, it was most definitely a foul and I think Ramos knew exactly what he was doing - the more I view it the more obvious that seems. Part of his remit was to nullify Salah and what better way than that - premeditated cheating. To have such disregard for a fellow professional's welfare is a disgrace. All great defenders have the ability to exploit the dark arts and Ramos has that in spades. 

And, no I'm not a Liverpool fan

I must admit I was puzzled by the TV pundits who meekly accepted Ramos' actions as being non malicious. When I saw the incident I was outraged as Ramos clearly binds tighter on Salah's arm which could only result in a facial or limb injury as Salam would be prevented from cushioning his fall.

I thought it a disgrace and Ramos should IMO be ashamed. 

On 27/5/2018 at 3:36 PM, erwbol said:

(...) Fouling and play-acting, grown(?) men crying like toddlers, they should regularly be awarded oscars instead of medals.

You are referring to Barcelona, right? Perfect description of the Guardiola and post-Guardiola era.

17 minutes ago, EKE BBB said:

Suárez, Piqué, Busquets, Jordi Alba... all are consolidated stars from the Actors Studio school!

It's the same across many high level teams. Just don't let club allegiance blind you to the fact that it doesn't happen with your own team too

25 minutes ago, EKE BBB said:

Suárez, Piqué, Busquets, Jordi Alba... all are consolidated stars from the Actors Studio school!

I watch most of the RM games and I’m not seeing a lot of the complaints about their behavior. Yes, you have Ramos, then Ronaldo when he doesn’t score and sometimes Marcelo but by and large I’m not seeing it. 

Now, I see Liverpool fans have started a Change.org petition against Ramos. Maybe they should start one for their keeper. If Liverpool could go down the tubes because they lost one player — albeit a good one — maybe they weren’t that good to begin with. 

51 minutes ago, Brad said:

I watch most of the RM games and I’m not seeing a lot of the complaints about their behavior. Yes, you have Ramos, then Ronaldo when he doesn’t score and sometimes Marcelo but by and large I’m not seeing it. 

Now, I see Liverpool fans have started a Change.org petition against Ramos. Maybe they should start one for their keeper. If Liverpool could go down the tubes because they lost one player — albeit a good one — maybe they weren’t that good to begin with. 

I suppose the issue is that with teams with such an abundance of skill they shouldn’t need to resort to theatrical antics to gain advantage.

RM are a delight to watch as are Barca. I’m looking forward to see how Spain get on in the WC. Quality football always sways me..... I’m not expecting too much of England , just hoping they’re not a car crash.

3 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

You are referring to Barcelona, right? Perfect description of the Guardiola and post-Guardiola era.

I am not a football fan. I just happened to have watched the match. Seems like a typical Mediterranean thing to me. 

PS I never saw Barcelona play under Guardiola.

Edited by erwbol

I’m not sure what a Mediterranean thing means but I do remember Zidane head butting an Italian player in the 2006 WC because he got under his skin just like Ramos or Pepe. 

Under Mourinho they weren’t fun to watch and I was glad when he left. I remember one Clásico where a Barca player shoved Pepe even before the match started. 

1 hour ago, Clunky said:

I’m not expecting too much of England , just hoping they’re not a car crash.

The only sensible approach, i agree. Get out of the group if we're lucky

50 minutes ago, Brad said:

I’m not sure what a Mediterranean thing

One of the worst offenders I've witnessed is Arjen Robben, whilst playing for Chelsea, Holland, Bayern and RM, so North Europeans can be just as bad

48 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

One of the worst offenders I've witnessed is Arjen Robben, whilst playing for Chelsea, Holland, Bayern and RM, so North Europeans can be just as bad

Agree 100%. An Oscar for diving and protesting his innocence.😭

22 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

So speaks the fount of common-sense and balanced reporting. Health warning required. I found myself feeling quite sick visiting that site for the first time :)

I can’t bring myself to accept their cookies, backing out quickly. I don’t want food poisoning or worse.

I was shocked by that one but maybe they’re going to revamp the team; he didn’t want to be a part of that.  In addition, maybe he figured I can’t do any better than I have so let’s leave on top. 

I read Guti is a strong possibility.  There was also mention of Wenger.