Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They played well, I thought. Lost the impetus in the second half but a starting win is good enough for me

38 minutes ago, soulpope said:

How the squandered 7-8 top chances in H1 is beyond belief ....

What's beyond belief is that they created that many!

28 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

They tried their damnedest to lose but didn’t quite make it..

That's unfair. They never looked like losing. Tunisia's only chance all evening was a penalty. Credit where credit's due. It was a good opening performance and a good sight better than many other England competition performances I can remember.

They do need to do it again against Panama though

Edited by mjazzg

23 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

That's unfair. They never looked like losing. Tunisia's only chance all evening was a penalty. Credit where credit's due. It was a good opening performance and a good sight better than many other England competition performances I can remember.

They are no points for style. They got the three points and that’s what counts. 

England have a creativity deficit which is why they won't get beyond the first team that doesn't. However, Southgate realises this and has done a good job of crafting a team around speed and energy and Harry Kane (and maybe Marcus Rashford). It's the best available. Last sixteen hopefully, QFs if very lucky but as an England fan I can dream of the semis and weep into my beer

3 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Maybe I am being a bit mean. For quite a bit of the match as things got bogged down (it was Stalingrad after all) I was half expecting Tunisia to sneak in a winning goal with the score stuck at 1-1. That wouldn’t be the first time it had happened with these guys. <_<

Edited by sidewinder

4 hours ago, Dmitry said:

England is as mediocre as ever...apologies to the English contingent here.

Thank God for Harry Kane. 2:1 against Tunisia...need I say more?!

Not part of the "English contingent" .... but believe a number of teams would take this "mediocrity" as their top performance gladly ....

3 hours ago, soulpope said:

Not part of the "English contingent" .... but believe a number of teams would take this "mediocrity" as their top performance gladly ....

Teams like USA, Saudi Arabia, Russia...all the greats. 

Edited by Dmitry

16 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

Teams like USA, Saudi Arabia, Russia...all the greats. 

Omitting Spain, Portugal and Brasil I didn't witness a lot of other performances being head and shoulders above England (at least in H1) .... but likely this is down to personal taste ....

2 minutes ago, soulpope said:

Omitting Spain, Portugal and Brasil I didn't witness a lot of other performances being head and shoulders above England (at least in H1) .... but likely this is down to personal taste ....

I hope you're right, and they show their potential. There are two or three of my personal favorites on the England team, along with a number of over-hyped players, i.e. Raheem.

6 minutes ago, soulpope said:

What about Mexico? Their first half was very good.  

16 minutes ago, Brad said:

What about Mexico? Their first half was very good.  

Not sure about Mexico .... they capitalized on a very sloppy German team in H1 (similarly England vs Tunesia H1) .... let's see how they will perform - if being in the role of a proactive team - vs Sweden and South Korea ....

Edited by soulpope

7 minutes ago, soulpope said:

Not sure about Mexico .... they capitalized on a very sloppy German team in H1 (similarly England vs Tunesia H1) .... let's see how they will perform - if being in the role of a proactive team - vs Sweden and South Corea ....

We will have to disagree about that.  They played very well and aside from the Spain game, it was the best half of football we’ve seen so far. However, their second half wasn’t on the same level. I think they are better than the other two but we’ll see. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

We will have to disagree about that.  They played very well and aside from the Spain game, it was the best half of football we’ve seen so far. However, their second half wasn’t on the same level. I think they are better than the other two but we’ll see. 

Time aka the next days will tell .... 

Egypt is screwed.  An almost certain Uruguay victory will put them out. 

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Egypt is screwed.  An almost certain Uruguay victory will put them out. 

Now, they’re really screwed at 3-0. 

Edited by Brad