• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Clunky said:

Grudging respect to Spurs from me. ...

I didn't think they had it in them. Funny how the two finalists steeped up when they were missing their stars. When that happens, it seems as if the rest of the team works harder than just relying on their star to win it for them. 

Arsenal fans (a cross borne by Clunky, I believe) probably still don't think that :)

If Kane is fit for the final it will present Pochettino with a very interesting decision. When Kane last came back from injury, some say too early, it seemed that the team faltered from the good run they'd enjoyed in his absence..

If he’s fit, how can you not play him. There is a similar debate going on with the Yankees in baseball. They have had a lot of injuries to their stars and their secondary players have played very well. Some fans want to keep it that way when the stars are fit but that’s just not logical. 

I agree, he'll play if fit but I think the lesson from before was if he's really fit.

I'm seeing the Yankees in the upcoming London Series. Hope some of them are still fit (not that I'll know one from another) or see them from the crow's nest seat I have :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Very much looking forward to tonight's match. Two very likeable and talented teams managed by two likeable and talented managers.

Tottenham flags apparent in my high street and on cars and vans. Have to root for my local team, COYS!!!

I’m hoping for a good game. Let’s face that the Europa League final was abysmal and that wasn’t just Arsenal’s performance.

As a Gooner I’m ambivalent who wins tonight but I’ll definitely be watching. Spurs got to be underdogs and therefore deserve to lose badly😀.

6 minutes ago, Clunky said:

I’m hoping for a good game. Let’s face that the Europa League final was abysmal and that wasn’t just Arsenal’s performance.

As a Gooner I’m ambivalent who wins tonight but I’ll definitely be watching. Spurs got to be underdogs and therefore deserve to lose badly😀.

I turned the Europa final off at half time so didn't even see any goals! UEFA got what they deserved there for their greed and Arsenal got what they deserved for their performance 😀

29 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

I turned the Europa final off at half time so didn't even see any goals! UEFA got what they deserved there for their greed and Arsenal got what they deserved for their performance 😀

Agreed on all points. Wish I’d switched off early too. Very poor advert for the beautiful game.

5 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Very much looking forward to tonight's match. Two very likeable and talented teams managed by two likeable and talented managers.

Tottenham flags apparent in my high street and on cars and vans. Have to root for my local team, COYS!!!

Madrid is full of Red Devils and Spurs... rivers of beer are flowing all over the city... 

🍺🍺🍺🍻🍻🍻

Didn’t manage to get tickets at a reasonable price. Will watch the match at home with my sons; all of us are Liverpool supporters (out of the list of Premier teams), but definitely Tottenham is also likeable for us... unlike Chelsea or City 🤗

Let’s hope it will be a good match!