Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I stand corrected; we do get some of the games. 

I looked at some upcoming matches and I see Japan and Qatar are in the Copa. Last time I checked, they were not part of South America geographically nor did they speak Spanish or Portuguese. Of course, I could be wrong ;)

This is my second Copa. I've watched several Centanario matches when they came here 3 years ago...saw Messi 2x, watched him miss the penalty in the Final.

Copa is a LOT of fun, there is a lot of rough play though. There are rivalries there that are way more intense than the UEFA.

I'lll be watching Chile-Japan tonight. Chile is all pumped to go, especially since Arg is blowing it. Japan and Quatar are the invited guest-teams this year.

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

I stand corrected; we do get some of the games. 

I looked at some upcoming matches and I see Japan and Qatar are in the Copa. Last time I checked, they were not part of South America geographically nor did they speak Spanish or Portuguese. Of course, I could be wrong ;)

Saw yours when I posted already. Yeah, they invite one or two teams from elsewhere, to beat on, like the USA and Mexico...

Watched Chile beat Japan 4:0, in the company of of my Chilean friends, along with much food and red wine. The match didn't start well for Chile, but at the end Japan's "youth and inexperience" took the better of them. I don't know the specs, but by the looks of them, the only 180 cm.+ player on their team may have been the goalie.  They dominated the first 30 minutes with their incredible speed. The Chilean wing-backs just couldn't cope. Japan had 3 real clear goal-scoring chances, but they lacked a finisher.

In other news, Platini was arrested.

Spain advanced to the knockout stage for the first time and for its efforts it gets to play -- in all likelihood -- the US  Well, it will be a learning experience. They kept the Germans, the number 2 team in the world to one goal, so maybe they can do the same here.

1 hour ago, Dmitry said:

Watched Chile beat Japan 4:0, in the company of of my Chilean friends, along with much food and red wine. The match didn't start well for Chile, but at the end Japan's "youth and inexperience" took the better of them. I don't know the specs, but by the looks of them, the only 180 cm.+ player on their team may have been the goalie.  They dominated the first 30 minutes with their incredible speed. The Chilean wing-backs just couldn't cope. Japan had 3 real clear goal-scoring chances, but they lacked a finisher.

In other news, Platini was arrested.

Chile beating Japan 4-0.  Well, that's a shocker, isn't it.

There was an article in this weekend's Times about Platini, about how he hoped to clear his name when his suspension ended. I have no doubt he's guilty. 

In Exile on His Home Turf, Michel Platini Runs Out the Clock on His Ban

Brasil looked terrible tonight. They had the majority of possession tonight, at least 67%, but couldn’t score.  Well, actually they did, twice, but VAR nullified them. They weren’t playing a top team but yet couldn’t score. Credit Venezuela with a good defensive effort. 

France managed to prevail over Brasil in extra time. The French coach said that nothing less than the Finals is acceptable but they face the US next and I don’t see them winning. Whoever designed the brackets should have placed France in the other one.