Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, catesta said:

I don't understand your attitude towards the US team and hoping for a loss.

I didn’t like the US team’s attitude in their match against Thailand and I lived in Spain so I always root for them in football (soccer). I hope that explains things. 

Tough loss for Japan on a PK to the Dutch today. Japan played better most of the game (especially in the second part of each half) and had some good ideas but sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. Credit the Dutch keeper for the victory. She made some terrific saves. 

This might sound as a sexist comment but, to be fair, I am getting a bit fed up with all the blurb on women's soccer.

Last news here is that Real Madrid has purchased the licence of the Spanish female soccer club CD Tacón, which will be under Real Madrid's brandname starting on 2020.

1 hour ago, EKE BBB said:

This might sound as a sexist comment but, to be fair, I am getting a bit fed up with all the blurb on women's soccer.

Last news here is that Real Madrid has purchased the licence of the Spanish female soccer club CD Tacón, which will be under Real Madrid's brandname starting on 2020.

Why are you getting fed up? Were you not happy with their effort against the US? They performed better than expected.  I thought they would be beaten badly but gave the US a very good game. Spain is a coming force in football. 

I’m glad to see the women’s game become more popular. It’s also a reflection of women’s growing role in all areas of society. From what I’ve read, the game has received a lot of support in Spain, which is why Real probably decided to add a team; they don’t want to be left behind by Barcelona and Athletico Madrid. See this article in the New York Times:

For Spain, Investment Pays Off at the World Cup

Edited by Brad

On 26-6-2019 at 10:32 AM, EKE BBB said:

Well, male and female soccer probably can't be compared, but apart from the obvious fysical differences, there is a difference in history where women did not have the same chances as men (you know some of our players/former players had to play in boys teams to be able to play at all!). So I find that it is not that strange that there is still some way to go, but I do feel proud that these girls are making a way for future girls into their sport! I take my hat off for that!
I like watching the soccer cups, male ánd female and you know what I just love about that female team that we've got is that they are a group!

I think that move was long rumored. 

Madrid have allegedly threatened Bale that they’re going to bench him all season because he refuses to accept a move as Zidane doesn’t want him on the squad anymore. 

I agree with Neville it is pretty fucking arrogant for the US women to visit their semi-final rivals' hotel for final placement scouting reasons. It looks like plain psychological warfare. I assume it's an unwritten rule such things are not done. Of course Neville is trying to motivate his players, rightfully so.

Edited by JSngry
Deleted overtly offensive comment.

3 hours ago, erwbol said:

Should I go brush my teeth with toothpaste?

You can tend to your own hygiene as per your own standards, but if you keep it up with the hostile political commentary, you're going to end up flagged as a spammer,.

2 hours ago, Dmitry said:

I watched bits and pieces of it. The first two goals were very good. Didn't see the rest. Also, the referee sucked bollocks..imho.

It was an interesting match and it got a little chippy.  I thought England were unlucky. On the goal that would have made it 2-2, the English player was offside by a millimeter. I thought it was an unfair call but correct by the rule book. 

Yes, the ref was not great. The fourth ref (from Honduras, I think) is very good. She brooks no nonsense. Perhaps they’re saving her for the final. 

I can only imagine the comments here if Netherlands makes it to the final. 

Argentina fell to Brazil 0:2, but it wasn't as one-sided match as the result suggests. Aside from the glaring mistakes in the center of defense, i.e. Otamendi, who should be let go, this was Argentina's best match in this Copa. They hit the post and the crossbar, and registered many more shots on goal than the hosts. There were also issues with refereeing, I thought.

Chile-Peru tonight.

In other news, USA won 1:0 against Curacao...yes, the nation of 130,000. What an achievement!

I'm not sure I saw it the way you did. I thought Brasil played very well, better than Argentina, although that crossbar was a tough break for Argentina. What issues did you have with the refereeing.  I thought he did a good job keeping the game under control, although I would have red carded the Argentine manager; he seemed out of control. It was a spirited match and made for good watching. 

4 hours ago, Clunky said:

Good summary . On the evidence of this match England (and the other teams ) still have a long way to go . A deserved win by USA.

I think the gap is closing, though, as the various national federations pour money into the women's game too. 2023 may be a different story. I think the US recognizes that too, which is why they want to win this one. 

24 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'm not sure I saw it the way you did. I thought Brasil played very well, better than Argentina, although that crossbar was a tough break for Argentina. What issues did you have with the refereeing.  I thought he did a good job keeping the game under control, although I would have red carded the Argentine manager; he seemed out of control. It was a spirited match and made for good watching. 

Did you watch the match, or the highlights? I didn't think Brazil were any better, they allowed so many shots on goal, 4 vs 14 for Arg..it's quite telling.  IMHO the ref should've used the VAR when they took Aguero down in the box, right before Brazil's second goal; a few lesser calls went in Brazil's favor. Dani Alves should've gotten another yellow, etc. But that's no excuse for their loss.

Aguero was disappointing. He didn't create anything, just hoped for Messi to feed him balls...but couldn't finish. Otamendi was very poor, his lack of speed was exploited by Brazil in both goals.  Coach probably wanted an experienced center back, but got a  dud. Just my $.02