Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool

I watched the match but missed the first 15 minutes. I understand the disparity in the shots on goals but they overall seemed better to me.  As far as the lesser calls, maybe but it’s a home crowd and all that. To me, just another typical Argentina loss. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like the third place match was interesting today, with Messi getting red carded (as was the Chilean player he tangled with).  It’s only his second red card ever. Perhaps his frustration finally boiled over.  

Yes, it was fine, and it could've been very good. First Alexis was injured and subbed 15 minutes into it, then Messi got shafted shortly before the half-time. The expediency with which  the ref showed hm the red card was odd, almost like he was set up.  I thought Argentina played their best team-game of the tournament.  Messi had some choice words for the Comnebol brass afterwards. 

Next year Argentina, along with Colombia, will be hosting a new Copa. After that, they are switching to the "every four years" format. 

Manana is the football fans paradise - three finals :

Women's World Cup

Gold Cup USA-Mexico

Copa America Brazil-Peru

Edited by Dmitry

The Dutch just didn’t have enough offense to come back from that first goal. I think the gap between the US and Europe (not sure about the rest of the world) is closing but whether it’s substantially closed by 2023 is something we won’t know until then. 

They seemed to play well in the first half but less so in the second. I suppose Mexican pressure had something to do with that. 

Going back to the Copa America for a second, I didn't really understand what Peru was doing after they had a man advantage. At times, it seemed that all Peru wanted to do was knock down people. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
10 hours ago, erwbol said:

Chelsea 4 - 4 Ajax

I hope that referee chokes on his next meal. Enough of that.

---------------------------------

Now livestream on nos.nl:

Nigeria - Netherlands

Under 17 World Cup last 16 knockout match.

Your earlier 1-4 celebratory post seems to have disappeared overnight. So strange. Hubris strikes again...

Always the refs fault :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

He may well be but my club are quite happy with their manager thanks. You won't be overly bothered by my hometown team, Reading FC, I suspect.

If this is a reference to Spurs, who aren't my club but are 2 miles down the road, then they may well have just done a worse deal than Sam :D

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...