• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Load of rubbish all round ! 

England, yes. Scotland, no. 

Southgate was clueless with the substitutions, he has five so use them if you're not winning and don't take off your most creative player, Foden  Kane is hamstrung by a system that had no England players getting to the byeline to put in crosses, not once!

Scotland have some more than decent players and just need a good striker.

4 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

England, yes. Scotland, no. 

Southgate was clueless with the substitutions, he has five so use them if you're not winning and don't take off your most creative player, Foden  Kane is hamstrung by a system that had no England players getting to the byeline to put in crosses, not once!

Scotland have some more than decent players and just need a good striker.

I have to disagree - both teams were very ordinary. England were especially poor - no pace or ideas.

Argentina - Uruguay is coming up in an hour. This should beast the pants off the E-S match.

Agree on Kane. He had just one half-decent cross delivered to him in the second half. If Grealish were put in 20 minutes sooner, it could've ended differently. Manager should've subbed Sterling, not Foden.

23 hours ago, mjazzg said:

If it does go to Budapest my main concern would be the publicity coup it gives the Orban regime.

I think Orban is a little too soft for UEFA and FIFA. Minsk is the place to be!  Would make a nice preview for Qatar :)

1 hour ago, EKE BBB said:

We really tried hard to blow it... :) 

You did :)  Came good in the end.  Morata is such an enigma, he misses so many more chances than he scores but that was a wonderful goal he did score.  Isn't there a more consistent striker somewhere in Spain?

Not feeling very confident about England's chances today and not only because it's Germany, again. We really need to come out of our shell and play some forward-thinking football now

10 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

They’ve woken up !

... and nearly blown it !

It’s coming home!

Congrats to the English fans. 

3 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

We really tried hard to blow it... :) 

But in the end we didn’t. I like our chances against the Swiss. 

This is the first time in history when neither the reigning European Champion nor the World Champion had made it to the 1/4 finals. 

6 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

They were neutralised in the second half - very effectively I thought.

Indeed. Also, Pickford is one of the best keepers I've ever seen on the goal line.  I'm just referring to his awesome saves on the line, not him being an amazing universal keeper overall.

Edited by Dmitry

Interesting to hear Juergen Klinsmann’s views on the BBC commentary. He thought it was pretty evens at half time. Maybe said to keep the locals happy? :)

17 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

Also, Pickford is one of the best keepers I've ever seen on the goal line.  I'm just referring to his awesome saves on the line, not him being an amazing universal keeper overall.

He’s the best keeper they’ve had for years and - importantly - ups his game for the big occasion.

I can remember Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton though, who still set the standard for this team. Banks in particular.

Edited by sidewinder